HybridZ

one HOT volkswagen GTI

rustrocket

oh that is sad, I really like the GTi, every style, first gen to the last gen.

I don't know if I would be pissed at my friend for video taping the entire thing while my car burns, "thanks for the help a**hole!" I guess in reality there isn't much you can do with one of those wimpy little fire extinguishers, especially with an under dash fire in a modern car where you can't see or get to anything.

always wire your vehicle properly people, don't half *** it, and carry a decent size extinguisher. also, if you see smoke...call the fire dept. immediately! that much damage may have been preventable (although fires like that spread quickly, especially with all the doors open!

I'm preaching, but I almost lost my Z to an electrical fire caused by P.O. wiring modifications.

the first night i had my 55 chevy pickup truck i had a short and it burned the oil sending line to the gage and started a small fire =( I also had my mother in the car at the time and i was at the gas pump when this happend lollol i was lucky that guy with the gti ws not!!!!!

That just sucks... Although, yah I would have been moving the speed of light trying to find the nearest garden hose/bucket/whatever.. I had a fire start inside my V8 rx7 once (INSIDE the garage, with my head under the dash and nobody else around.) and you've never seen someone jump out from under there and disconect the battry so fast! (was behind the back seat) :shock: I'm suprised how I was able to shove the car out into the driveway by myself, run to the side and get the hose, then get back in time to catch it.. Got lucky I guess..