HybridZ

Where to get keys made ?

Oleh

Not just ignition, gas cap and hatch lock too.

I replaced a gas cap once (wife left it and couldn't find it when I went back), thern when my ignition switch started ggiving me problems, I had all the locks changed. About $500 total.

I'd call a good auto locksmith, or as Warren for advice in a PM....

im about the purchase a 83 and the owner cant find the keys, so is there anyway i can get the keys made from the VIN ? or do i have to change out the ignition

Maybe new lock cylinders (all locations) are not such a bad idea! You never know, the original owner just might find the keys shortly after the sale. Are you following me here? Besides, think about how old and worn the current lock cylinders are.

You can get keys made from either the VIN or the key code located either in the glove box or the passenger's side door look. Do a search, there was a thread just a few weeks ago where a resident locksmith offered to make some new keys for another member.

The thought of the previous owner suddenly finding the keys is something to think about though.