HybridZ

Drove the Z today!!!!!!

Well I finally got to drive the Z today. :D:D:D

Really doing the happy dance, now I'm going to go get some beer and celebrate.

Man what a ride. :shock:

I was only able to drive it up and down my block but it sure was fun and the open headers added to the thrill. Several of the neighbors even came out to see what was going on.

I wasn't sure what to expect as this is the first real high powered Z I've ever driven. All I can say is right now it's very raw. A small movement of the throttle and the thing just explodes in sound and fury and leaps down the road. I can't wait to get the exhaust system built so I can drive it on the streets and finish programming the computer to get the most performance I can out of it.

There were times when I wondered if this day would ever come but all the work and busted knuckles are worth it. I still have a lot of work to do but it's a living entity now so motivating myself to work on it should be easier.

Wheelman

To finally get a long and drawn out job done and enjoy the fruits of your labors had to be the best moment of the past times that you have been in your Z.

Glad to hear you got it running and had a moment to finally enjoy just letting it loose.

Lets see where your at and some pics. :)

Guest rick458

I am still getting everything ready for inspection and registration, the 0430 test drives make me feel like the guy in Rush's Red Barchetta:-D

Sweet! You'll have to leave the JackStandRacing guys though :).

Yes I know and I'll really miss them :(. HAH!!!

I would like to retain my number for when I rejoin the team due to more modifications though. :)

I still have a lot to do so it'll be a while before I officially leave the team.

Wheelman

I'd think those numbers are like the jersey numbers of the great ball players - not to be reused. :)

I have a difficult time taking mine off the road for anything. It needs work on the fuel system, the engine replaced with the 406, etc. But it's alot more fun to drive than work on after 11 years off and on of working on it!

Hopefully you'll keep it mostly OFF the jackstands :)

Tim,

Don't be to quick to claim my JSR number, as soon as the short trips up the block were done it went right back on the stands. I'm prepping it now to put in the frame rail extenders. I really wish I had a better way to raise it up to do the welding, it's going to be a hassle. Once thats done I'm going to FatMat the entire interior and then start on the body work so I can officially put it on the road.

Thanks guys, I'm glad I could be a motivating factor for some of you. These types of updates serve to motivate me as well.

Wheelman

Well hey it looks like you have done loads of work and it seems to all be coming along.

I must say that you have a larger set then I as I would have been afraid to go out onto the public roads with no hood or fender.

Great work and I hope the rest keeps going as smoothly for you with the finishing of your work. Great job and that motor looks really nice sitting in there.:)

yes.. the embarassment of my car continues... on its jackstands (wheel dollys in my case). stuff like this is motivating. my buddy that i bought the car from, was over and we were discudding the corners to cut for a more speedy completion. its hard to decide what to blow off and what really matters.

i couldn't help but laugh about the no front end thing cause that's how mine will look for the first neighborhood pass. tilt front end will be a PITA for the first run for carb tuning a leak checks so i figured on leaving it off.

Where in southeastern Washington are you? I am located in Yakima. Maybe we could hook up sometime and compare notes.

I live in Kennewick.

What part of Yakima do you live in?

I have a sister that lives in Selah.

Is your car road worthy? If so you should try to bring it down for Cool Desert Nights at the end of this month in Richland.

Here is a link to the website for it: Cool Desert Nights

If you can make it down be sure to let me know and we can hook up somewhere. My car won't make it this year but definitely next.

Wheelman