HybridZ

I need a measurment

datsunan

Can someone tell me what the distance is between the rear struts on a 240? Mine measure 33 3/4" My car was in an accident befor I bought it and I can see that my tire is tilted in at the top like something is bent. Note I have torn this car down to the bone and rebuilt it, painted ALL the suspention parts and not found any thing to be bent or out of shape. Many parts were replaced on rear pass side where it was hit including the stub axle and A arm. I know something is out of wack but I don't know what yet so I need to know what I should measure center to center on my rear strut bolt top and bottom if you could please. Thanks Paul

Datsunan,

For a quick check on the lower portion of the car......you can use the string method for checking to see if the chassis is square. Use reference points on the outer most suspension members and measure from the left front to right rear and compare it to the measurement from the right front to the left rear. The measurements should be the same. Be sure you have the car sitting on relatively flat ground and use the the same reference points relative to each side. If you think you may have any bent control arms, measure from the control arm pivot points on the chassis.