HybridZ

Not too shabby: almost completed

Tim240z

For a driveway paint job, didn't come out too badly .Only thing is the gap between the new cowl hood and the new fenders. I have tried everything and I can't get the hood down any more than it is.... :icon51::violin:

Anyways, now the 99 suburban drivetrain is in and complete, and the body is done (except the side moldings....I want to buff it up a little before installing), and I need to put in the bed coating, and install the tonneau.

:bling:

front_pass.jpg

front_pass_side.jpg

pass_side.jpg

rear_pass.jpg

cowl_gap.jpg

hood_gap.jpg

Nice Job. :2thumbs: That cowl hood is subtle. I didn't even notice it in the first few pictures. Maybe it was the stock paint scheme that hides it. Is that a complete after-market hood or did you blend a cowl into the stock hood? Gonna be a nice 'ol hauler.

Jon,

I think I can slot the 3 holes in the scissor mechanism where it bolts to the fenders and try get it down, but I think it may be a factor of having some slop in the hinge mechanism (U know how these old vehicles can be). Haven't decided if I should buy new hinges yet.....

Mike,

I used the guns I bought off ebay for very cheap. They worked very nicely indeed. Theyncame as a 3 pack with 2 bigger guns (one with 1.4mm nozzle, one with 1.7mm nozzle), and a little gun with a 1.1mm nozzle. I used the 1.7 for the catalyzed primer and the 1.4 for the color coats. He has some more on the bay now: For as cheap as they are, they work pretty well. I don't think they atomize well enough for clear coat, but I used single stage.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4554836557&category=43987

Oops....forgot a picture! I removed the in cab fuel tank. The filler hole is directly behind the door handle. I welded in a patch panel that i hammer and dollied:

fuelfiller.jpg

This what it would usually look like:

side.jpg

Yeah, I've done a couple trucks like yours...the fuel tank is always the first thing to go! We put a newer style stepside bed on one and it looked pretty killer. I'll have to see if I can dig up the pictures of it.

Looks good! The colors jive with the year the truck was made, pretty cool.

I found a '69 here locally, and it had a restoration done about 8 years ago. They wanted $2,000 for it. Didn't get it because the rockers were rusted and it was yellow (don't like yellow on a truck). The search continues...

!M!

Guest bastaad525

Tim - is the truck almost done then? You still up for doing the bushings sometimes this month? I'm still recovering from a very expensive month so it's nooooo big deal if it's not gonna be any time soon :D but definately hoping to catch you before you move on to another project.

Guest 260ondubs

Heeeey, looking nice. I got to ride in this thing last month, the Suburban running gear is working nicely. Love the colour scheme too.

Tim- I really wish I bought one of those stickers now.... I came home with so much money. Grrr....

Nice!

To finish off the paint job' date=' do some pinstriping where the paint meets. It doesn't have to be real pinstriping either.

Thats what I did to my two tone ZX and it finished off the look nicely.

Mario[/quote']

Mario,

There is side moldings that still need to be reinstalled, but I want to polish it up a bit first.

Here is what it looked like 5 years ago before the rust took it's toll. As you can see, the PO didn't bother redoing the factory 2 tone scheme:

chevytruck.jpg

This will be my daily driver....got some sukka on this board to buy my Z28 :twisted::-D

That is why I took out a good 350hp sbc and transplanted it with a weak @$$ L31 5.7L and 4L60E from a 99 suburban......mileage counts. I should have the Opel GT on the road soon to, so I will have a choice....