HybridZ

p90

"and supposedly the best flowing stock head"

Nope! I have flow tested, ALL L28 heads and the P90 is no different the the N42, or P79. The N47 does not flow as well on the intakes, due to the BULGE in the side of the intake ports. But for the exhuast, ALL L28's Flow the same.

WHy is the P90 head more sough after then the other heads? Its just impression that it is. I know why a turbo block is (added internal strength than the l28e) but why the head? Is it the compression or is it that almost everybody does a L28et swap and just happen to have the p90 head to work with?

When was I rude? I wasn't trying to be rude, sorry if it came off that way. I thought I answered two of your questions. This subject has been talked about at length, argued over with many posts on numerous other threads. I was referring you to them.

As I see it we have two choices. Rehash the same subjects every time somebody new comes to the site, or tell them to search. I mean no disrespect when I suggested you do the latter.

From the READ BEFORE POSTING sticky at the beginning of every forum:

2. Please use the search function before you do anything else. The search button can be found at the top of the page. Use several keywords if you don't find what you need right off the bat. Remember: Just about every possible topic and problem has been posted and answered, in most cases several times. The Members on this board are very helpful and a great crowd of Z enthusiasts, but answering the same questions over and over again gets old.

One more thing: I did search "quench p90" just to see and nothing came up. Not sure what happened to those old posts, but you can google "quench" to find out what it is and why it is beneficial. There was a couple long dragged out arguments as to the benefit of quench, but the bottom line is that the p90 and p79 have a big quench area, where the N47 and N42 have almost no quench. The E31 and early E88 are in between.

Sorry for jumping the gun. Maybe I was just having a bad day and was being a little edgy. At risk of sounding stupid, I didn't think the p90 was a common choice. On my last motor, I used the n42. At the time (8 years ago) that seemed to be the hot ticket. I read the Datsun Garage web site and figured that I'd give the p90 a go. Thanks for your help and sorry about sounding like a jerk.