HybridZ

brake caliper paint? good/bad?

ZR8ED

Like the title says. Is it ok to spray our calipers? Does the paint actually hold? I imagine the calipers get pretty hot, and will it work on old calipers, or am I going to have to prep them like I would painting a car body?

Or should I just save my money for another year or two for nice upgraded aluminum brakes that don't need painting..

Like the title says. Is it ok to spray our calipers? Does the paint actually hold? I imagine the calipers get pretty hot' date=' and will it work on old calipers, or am I going to have to prep them like I would painting a car body?

Or should I just save my money for another year or two for nice upgraded aluminum brakes that don't need painting..[/quote']I powdercoat them all the time for people, but painting works just as well also. Clean them up pretty good, get all the dirt, dust and grime off of them and then get some G2 caliper paint. It comes in a complete kit, with cleaner and a brush, but get a better paint brush. Takes about 3 coats for a nice smooth glossy finish, and the kit has enough for 4 calipers with 3 coats. Its got a working life of about 2 hours once you mix it.

Before I started powdercoating, I did my wife's Dodge Magnum brakes with G2. Its been a year and they still look like when I first painted them.

Unfortunately, I'm new here, so I guess I can't post pictures.

Guest JAMIE T

Me too. Gold engine enamel good to 500*. I painted the calipers on my Z28 when I did the 12" LS-1 brake up-grade with twin piston calipers. I also hit them with engine paint clear coat for an added shine. It's holding up nicely.

LOL, I call it Brembo Gold, LOL.