HybridZ

Bad Luck

As all of you know already, i wrecked my car a few weeks ago when i hydroplaned. Well, i went to the mechanic to pick up the car tday, and i noticed a huge dent in my quarter panel, my left quarter panel was probly about 6-8 inches into the body of the car.....my mechanic WRECKED my car....but they r getting it repaired, but thats another 2 weeks of down time.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Did you ask how they possibly put a 6-8" dent in the rear quarter while your Z was in the shop??? Or was someone driving it around without you knowing and screwed up? I don't think i'd be so understanding as you sound. You're a better man. Good luck with your misfortune.

We've had it happen at work before. We park the customer's vehicles in a designated parking lot, and sometimes you just don't see somebody coming around the corner. Not too long ago, one of our guys was watching the dash while he was braking slowly, and he ended up nailing somebody in front of him. He pays the $500 deductable, and insurance takes care of the rest. Personally, when a little fender bender like this happens to a normal vehicle, I just say sh*t happens, but it would be a totally different story to somebody who has a collector car or someone who spent a lot of time working with the body. It does suck, though, when your part was originally metal when you brought it in, and now it will most likely have some sort of filler when you get it back.

they had it parked in front of the garage, and a truck backed into it, i have seen tractor trailors in the lot b4, and judging by the size of the dent........it was probly a semi-truck

I told the guys at work about it tday, and they said that i should get a rental car from them, so i called, and i should b getting one tommorrow.

well, now my mechanic refuses to give me a loaner car becuz im under age.

He said that i could get along for another 2+ weeks, just the way that you've been getting along for the past few weeks.

"well, that would make sence, but i've been driving my dads truck for the past few weeks, and that has a very bad overheating problem, and the day i came to pick up the car, my dad said i couldn't drive it anymore till he gets a new radiator-wich is not for a few months"

"well, your too young to get a loaner car. So im not sure wht u should do, its not like its our fault that u have nuthing to drive"

NOW THATS WHT GETS ME PISSED............

".......its not like its our fault that u have nuthing to drive.........."

H/o, if sum1 that works there, backed into my car, wich was carelessly parked in front of there garage door-instead of in a parking space-that automaticly makes it sum1 elses fault, and not the shop's?

They wtf r they paying for the body work for, if its not there fault? Seeing as how i sure as hell didn't back a truck into my car b4 the place opened.

I can't even get my car back now, because the body shop owner is going on vacation, so im screwed there-i have no way to get to either of my jobs now.......I AM PISSED.

I think im gonna get my car back sumhow, and get a quote on how much it will cost to fix it-then i will bring those numbers to the mechanic and make him pay, then i'll do the body work myself-because i do bodywork as a trade-and with that money i'll start getting sum engine pieces together.

If my mechanic refuses to pay me the money, then i think im gonna bring him to court.......i think i may just skip everything else and take him to court, because he messed up and is being very incooperative, and will not try and help-hes good frends with the body shop owner, so hes probly not gonna pay that much at all to get my car fixed.

How would i go about bringing the mechanic to court?

Anybody have any other thoughts on wht i should do???

Get behind the wheel of a big rig and smash the living sh*t out of his daily driver. Then ask him if he thinks this will cause him any problem for the next two weeks!!! :) Ok, ok... seriously now, I think i would contact the police to make sure they had some kind of report about the incident on file. It IS their fault that you have nothing to drive and they have insurance just for that reason. I would get on the phone with my insurance agent to see if i had rental coverage and also make sure that the idiot owner would pay for all rental fees incurred for the amount it takes him to fix it. Once he knows that each day is costing him another day of rental, it may magically get done quicker. I would also have a few bodyshops that i KNOW do good work, look at the car and give you an estimate, then see if you have the right to take it to someone YOU trust, rather then making it HIS choice. What happens when you get your Z back and there's puddy 4-5" deep on your quarter because the guy told the bodyman to just slap it together because he didn't want to pay a lot of money for the repair? Another thing i would do is note what the odometer reads while it's at his shop. Lastly, once this is all over, i suggest you find yourself a new mechanic. This guy sounds like a real @ss. Just some quick ideas... good luck!

don't worry, i am no longer doing buissness with this mechanic, there is a certified nissan/datsun mechanic right down the road, i had a time related problem with this mechanic at one point, but not damage related-so hes my next choice. I just called the sherriffs office, and an officer should b contacting me within a few minuts, hopefully!