HybridZ

Bored? do what i do.

Guest ON3GO

i just broke up with my girl friend that i was with for 8 months. im soo happy.

im thinking about buying a HPI nitro car but im not sure if ill like it as much as my cheap ass RC cars that i can build myself!

im building a potato (sp?) gun tomorrow and then going to build my own electric tooth brush!

mike

well ive been bored lately and TV sucks, and playing PS2 isnt all that great anymore....well to be honest my eyes are starting to hurt.

im done building my Datsun 510 Model and my Z06 model.. so this is what i started to do..

Go to Walmart, Target, Toys R US and look for a Cheap RC car forsale.. i got a Nikko NSX one.

its has one small 9v motor, runs on 6 AA batterys and its slow as HELL!

What i did was 1st paint the body to my liking, do as much body work as i wanted, like bigger air vents and etc.

Then i went to radio Shack and got a 18V motor, wire, relays, diodes, LED's, lights, switches, you know all the good stuff.

The car now has a 18v motor and the stock motor, has metal gears, runs off of 3 9V's and one 9V for steering.

the car is so damn fast now that you will always be burning out, doing 360's, drifting, etc...

for all about 40 bucks including the 25 dollar car i can keep up with my friends HPI Gas powered car which was like 300 bucks!

everybody should do this if your bored.

im going out now to get another RC to build up cuz i lost control on the NSX last night and it when it the pool :(

c ya

mike

Miles,

I have a 4WD audi 1/10 scale kit. Very fast and fun. Used to race it back in the days, before wife and kid! It's belt driven with bearings all 'round. Very quiet and handles like a slot car! Have a little front wheel drive mini cooper too.

Haven't touched them in more than a year!

Tim

I second the potato gun! How else can you have that much fun for 20 bux? I mean hard hittin, knocking boards out of the fence, potato mashin, BOOM baby, BOOM! I had great fun with mine, till I left it in the hatch of the Z and it warped in the texas heat. Caused all the PVC pipe cement to pull apart from the stress. It would launch a 3 oz. spud over 300 yards, though. I know one thing, i would definitely not want to be hit by one!

Bill

Btw, right guard, while expensive and smelly, makes the best propellant!

I still think the best BANG for your buck when your bored is to make piccolo pete bombs.

3 piccolo petes (Cheap dumb whistling fireworks), 2liter bottle, plastic bag, 1 nail, hammer, and 5 minutes.. those few things can make a very powerful and reliable (Never had a dud) BOOM! Bout as strong as an authentic M80. rockon.gif Great for blowing up old TV's.. hehe.. I wont go into all the details here, email me if ya wanna know how to build em. I blew up all of our leftover pumpkins from halloween with a few 2thumbs.gif

If you want to make a really load bang (non-destructive), get your oxy-acet cutting torch and light the flame and set it to a good hot cutting flame. Then rub the tip on a piece of steel to extinguish the flame. Fill a 1 pint milk carton with the gas which is now blowing. Stick a piece of newspaper in the carton for a fuse and clamp it in a vice. Light the newspaper and get the hell out of the way. If you have windows in your garage, don't do this, the concussion will blow out the glass.

Tim

For slightly more high tech, you can always get some sodium or lithium and throw it in a lake. Scare the b-jeeses out of some ducks. (Had a college chemistry teacher who gave his lecture one day by the lake on campus while randomly throwing pieces of Na or Li in the lake.)

PS - throw small pieces.

Guest Anonymous

Ok guys. Being from the south, and a total red neck, I have to chime in with my favorite noise maker. We called 'em beer guns. Take 7-8 beer cans cut both ends out and tape them together with duct tape. (Stop laughing..) Then take another can and punch one hole in the bottom, and several more in the top and tape it to the end. Squirt some lighter fluid in the hole in the bottom, shake well, and hold a lighter to the bottom can. Watch out for the re-coil. Most beer cans today are too thin to hold up. They just split apart under the exploision. But I'd bet veggie cans would work well!! :D