HybridZ

turbo swap , n/a flywheel. starter doesnt catch

i just got all my wire's all hooked up and i went to turn the car over and the start just spins, it does pop out because i checked it unmounted. everything work it just seems to be off somehow. i have a 81turbo motor that was auto, with my 78 5 spd and flywheel. ive used boath starts from the turbo and the 78 they look the same. is ther something i have to do to the n/a flywheel to make it sit closer to the starter? i bet ther is but i dont wanna take the ol trannie back out if i dont have to.......grrrr

Matt

found it, had to take the trannie out, just what i didnt want to do. well for the next person that does this remember there is a spacer for the automatic trannie'e flywheel. remember to take it off befor you put your manual trans flywheel on.... haha thanks

pilot bushing? i asume that centers the flywheel? or does it center the clutch disk? well anyways i could bolt the flywheel on fine with the spacer, the ceter hole on the flywheel fit over the the spacer fine... i just hope everything works fine when i go to start it up, cant wait to hear my turbo for the first time with my 3" downpipe im sure it will shoot some flames till i get some more pipe on it

pilot bushing? i asume that centers the flywheel? or does it center the clutch disk? well anyways i could bolt the flywheel on fine with the spacer, the ceter hole on the flywheel fit over the the spacer fine... i just hope everything works fine when i go to start it up, cant wait to hear my turbo for the first time with my 3" downpipe im sure it will shoot some flames till i get some more pipe on it

The pilot supports the transmission input shaft.

yep. Pull out the trans again! You need that bushing! The transmission will not like running without it.

The bushing goes in the hole in the rear of the crank. I bet the transmission stabbed in real easily without the bushing.

got the trannie back in, what a pain. The starter works great now. It seems like nothing else works now, havent trouble shooted much just tried cranking it. Hope i can get it running this week i wanna drive it sooo bad.