HybridZ

Tool for beading steel fuel line on early 240Z?

zgeezer

I have rust blockage on the last 18 inches of steel fuel line just b/4 my fuel tank. I would like to cut off that portion of the line and re-route a flexible low pressure fuel line to a small mazda style fuel pump. Does anyone know of a tool that would place a stock "bead" around the end of the cut fuel line? You know a bead that would accept a flexible fuel line held by a screw clamp. In the alternative, is there a union fitting similar in function to those compression fittings for copper tubing that I might use.

I've tried to clear the blockage from the line using my old standby- an old speedometer cable driven by a drill, but there are too many 90 degree turns. All other ideas are welcome.

g

San Diego Valve and Fitting (or it may be Sand Diego Fluid Systems now) is the authorized Swagelock Dealer for your area. Orange Fluid Systems is a branch office down by Angels Stadium in Anaheim.

They have Metric Fittings....

If they are good enough for the Space Shuttle, and Los Alamos Testing Labs, they are good enough for low pressure fuel! They have a comprehensive line of fittings that will work properly on STEEL lines, as brass compression fittings will only be held on by friction, and are not designed for STEEL lines.

They can convert your line cut to a union, or to a barbed fitting for hose, or to a flexible stainless steel line with teflon lining, or even a 45 SAE of 37 JIC fitting!

Stock is in Brass, and Stainless Steel. You want Stainless, and if you want regular steel, they can get that overnight--but they may have some sizes in stock.

I use stainless steel almost exclusively, for the cost difference, what's the diff?

• 4 weeks later...