HybridZ

2JZGE Engine Mount Pics

Thanks mate,

Touch wood, should have the finished completely by the end of tomorrow, might paint them, but i wanna get into the gearbox crossmember asap, so i might wait, should have some more pics of the front of the engine and the clearances in the bay by the end of tomorrow,

Pretty much finished the engine mounts today, welded them up properly and put in extra supports, added a stack more photos,

Have a slight issue though, when you look at the front of car its sitting heaps high with the engine mounted - there is about 4.5" clearance between the tyre and the fender, which is a bigger clearance than at the rear, 4.5" clearance seems like alot???

That is easier than what I did. I wanted to retain the AC so I triangluated the TC boxes with the crossmemer and machined the stock mounts to work (with some wedges), the system allowed the whole thing to use stock mounting.

Yeah saw yours, i was going to do it that way but i just didnt like the idea of welding stuff like that, but then again i really did want aircon,

The car that its in is a dummy car, more or less, the car this engine is going into is my other Red Zed, so i needed something that i could adapt into it fairly easily, so in the end i decided to go with the engine mount option, but aircon would have been cool :-)

Just curious mate, when you did your conversion did the car sit up higher in the front than it used to with the L6 engine?

Ive got about 4.5" of clearance now in the 2jz car, on my other zed its a shade under 3" of clearance between the fender and the top of the tyre (and its at its stock ride height),

Just curious mate' date=' when you did your conversion did the car sit up higher in the front than it used to with the L6 engine?

Ive got about 4.5" of clearance now in the 2jz car, on my other zed its a shade under 3" of clearance between the fender and the top of the tyre (and its at its stock ride height),[/quote']

Have you tried the ol bounce up and down on the front end to bring the suspention back down where it normally rides??

My engine is a 2JZ-GTE so it weighs ~150 pounds because turbos, intercooler, piping, bigger radiator, AC, etc so mine after I rolled it a least 40 feet was very low. 6.25 to the very bot of the rockers. Never under estimate the weight of accessories.

Mine is a NA 2jz, 2jzge, from a mid 90's JZA80 Supra, not sure of the exact year, buts its between 1993-99, after 1999 apparently these buggers had VVTI, mine dosent :-(

Should be putting out about 170kw ish, touch wood with a bit of head work, new cams, extractors and an aftermarket ECU i should be close to 210-220kw at the flywheel,

The only things that ive got to put on the engine are the starter, and the radiator, but i cant imagine that my car is going to drop that much with those things in the car,

Have almost figured out what im going to do with the gearbox crossmember so ill pics of that hopefully by the end of tomorrow

Finally, got the gearbox crossmember done, was a really big pain in the a#s, lots of bending and swearing..........

Tailshaft, driveshaft or even the propellar shaft is also complete, just got to install it tomorrow,

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=3409&cat=500&page=1

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=3413&cat=500&page=1

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=3410&cat=500&page=1

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=3412&cat=500&page=1

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=3411&cat=500&page=1

dammit, you took my idea!!! :-)

this is exactly what I intend to do to a 240z. I'll be putting a 1JZ-GTE into my NA mkIV, so I'd be having the engine just sitting there. I thought it would be perfect for this application. I'm eagerly waiting to see what you think about this car with this engine in it. The engine is terrific, extremely flat torque band and very linear HP, stock will only give you ~180hp at the wheels, but it's easy to get more power out of it. KEEP US UPDATED!! :-D

Engineer had a captain cook at the engine mounts, gearbox crossmember and tailshaft and he said they would be more than adequate - SWEET!!!,

Now just gotta do all the piddly little crap, the wiring harness is going to be heaps of fun, i love playing with wiring, i spend 3 weeks completely rewiring an old Charger that ill never get back :-(,

Bit curious though as to what people have done with,

1 - Speedo Cable

2 - Throttle/Accelerator Cable