HybridZ

Help! LS1 oil pan ground clearance question

For those of you with the LS1 and the JCI mounts, How far below your front crossmember does the oilpan hang down?

Mine seems to be about 1" below the front crossmember and on my lowered car it is too low. The shop lowered the car off the lift today and the bottom front edge of the oil pan scrapes against the hump under the lift. The hump under the lift is approx. 3 1/2" to 4" high.

The shop had designed a really nice steel skidplate but it seems bulky and sits even lower and adds about 6 lbs too.

Can anyone give me measurements from the bottom of the oil pan to the ground and also from the bottom of the front crossmember to the ground?

My coilovers are adjusted all the way up and I am hoping that I don't have to pull the struts, cut the weld that hold the threaded collars and re-adjust the location of the threaded collars to gain more clearance.

I am planning on changing the wheels and tires to 16" and that should gain about 1" of clearance if I am doing my math right.

Currently I have 14" X 7" Konigs with 195-60-14 tires. If I go with 16" x 7" Panasports with 225-50-16's they should add one inch of height to the front.

Yes? No?

Help!!!

GOT IT!!!

My car is lowered, aftermarket springs, no coil overs yet!! Tires are 225/50/15. Crossmember to ground 4 3/4 inches and....... Oil pan is 4 inches to the ground. Exhaust at it's lowest point is 2 1/2 inches. Too low. Gonna work on getting the exhaust raised a bit.

Getter going David!!!! Oh yea and you too Dale!!!! :twisted::-P

JOEY

I'm running stock ride height on European spec Nissan springs. I've got a good five inches from the pan to the ground - and then some. Not to be negative but the low spot for me is the exhaust. It hangs a good 3/4" lower than the pan and, not being near the wheels, has been dragged several times now. It's dual 2 1/2" and tucked up pretty good.