HybridZ

My V8 underway.

Hello guys.

My name is John and I have been reading this site for awhile just getting data on doing my swap. I finally started last Saturday and heres my progress so far. I own a 1974 260z which someone did some massive amounts of bodywork on. It is flared, custom nosed, tailed, power sunroof and much more. All of the work was done in steel, no glass.

zbody2.jpg

zbody1.jpg

It also has a Painless harness, Autometer gauges, old school 2 piece Centerlines, roll bar and a fuel cel. Here are some photos.

DSCF0804.jpg

DSCF0808.jpg

DSCF0807.jpg

It had a 306 Ford in it but it didn't come with the car so I put the 6 back in.

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

Well, I knew that I couldn't leave it that way so I picked up a 350, 4 bolt main with 202 heads, 480 lift cam and a gear drive with an Edelbrock carb (not sure size) from a fella that had one too many and cremated his S10.

Zshit009.jpg

Zshit014.jpg

We snatched both motors out and sat the Chevy in. We are fabbing motor mounts, doing our own driveshaft cutting and getting it balanced and then running dumps for exhaust.

Zshit020.jpg

That is what we accomplished in about a full day. I will post more as I get them in. Thanks to you all for the information you post up here. It is the best anywhere. This site is amazing the amount of info amassed here. I shall be contributing to the fund soon as well as it has helped me out.

John

Welcome to HybridZ. It's nice to see a new member with an intelligent first post. That's definitely a unique car, as Tim said.

Lots of nice metal work, I take it you're pretty good with a "wheel"?

I am gonna miss my 6

Believe me, you won't miss it a bit!!!!!!!!!!!

John

Thanks guys. After the work is done I will be upgrading to some wider meats. Looking for the right wheels to do it with. Odds are I will be going to some Watanabes. I have a pair on the front but only a pair now, so in the process of looking for more.

As for the location. I am in Tennessee for the next 3 days, then I am moving back to the Atlanta area. Little NE of there to be exact between Athens and Lawrenceville. I'll have a garage just for the car so i'll have some fun with the auto then upgrade to a manual. I would like to have it ready to drive to the Z meet you guys are having in Ga.

Thanks again guys.

As for the location. I am in Tennessee for the next 3 days' date=' then I am moving back to the Atlanta area. Little NE of there to be exact between Athens and Lawrenceville. I'll have a garage just for the car so i'll have some fun with the auto then upgrade to a manual. I would like to have it ready to drive to the Z meet you guys are having in Ga.

Thanks again guys.[/quote']

That's cool, you're not far from me, I'll keep your email address for our Georgia HybridZ meetings, and make sure you make it to our SEZs meeting in Sept.

Excellent. Please do, I would love to come to them.

I will snap some photo's of the sunroof too. They took part of the roof and made it. The mechanism is strange at best and I don't like it at all. The motor crapped out so I took it off and use the crank now when I want to open it. But you can see the set up of it.