HybridZ

- VIDEO - Ok.. I know I love the SR20DET powered 240Z.. now it's in action!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That car OMG!! It just looks, sounds and runs incredibly well. Ive been really concidering a 510 with that type of swap in it.

I think it would be just as fast.

That is one incredibly good looking running car. Definetly two thumbs up!!

I was at you site and see that you do in fact have a 510 with the SR swap. I was trying to see photos of that but you dont have any posted there or they arent available?

Could you post some of them please:D

Guest 73Turbo240z
360whp 355wtq, we cant run at any 1/4 mile track because of the fuel cell not being covered completely. But friends dad with 700hp porsche that runs an 11.0 says we can definitely stay even with him after giving him a ride.

Estimated 11 flat in the quarter w/ that little of power output? Whats the cars wet and dry weights?

Est 2400lbs w/ 360rwhp shows a high 11 time possible, so i'm trying to see where that extra three quarters of a second is coming from.

Estimated 11 flat in the quarter w/ that little of power output? Whats the cars wet and dry weights?

Est 2400lbs w/ 360rwhp shows a high 11 time possible' date=' so i'm trying to see where that extra three quarters of a second is coming from.[/quote']

Im just saying what the porsche owner told me, not saying i can run an 11 flat or would even bother goin to the track for it since we have to make a fuel cell cover, but i should be taking the car to a scale this weekend so i will know what it weighs both with me in it and without me. Its not just weight and power that determines quarter mile, gearing would also be taken into account, tires, and so on.

Guest 73Turbo240z
Im just saying what the porsche owner told me, not saying i can run an 11 flat or would even bother goin to the track for it since we have to make a fuel cell cover, but i should be taking the car to a scale this weekend so i will know what it weighs both with me in it and without me. Its not just weight and power that determines quarter mile, gearing would also be taken into account, tires, and so on.

true... but from what i've seen your a 5spd street tire car... and usually mod's/variables that your discussing only deal in tenths... i'd be most interested in seeing what it goes in the quarter though!

Although w/ the SR20 being set back like that it's probally even better suited for the twisties.

Est 2400lbs w/ 360rwhp shows a high 11 time possible' date=' so i'm trying to see where that extra three quarters of a second is coming from.[/quote']

Traction plays a major role in 1/4 mile times. I own an Evo that ran 12.5 with 320whp, 12.0 with 365whp and can run a very low 11 sec with 30psi and 493whp. All that weighing in at 3350lbs so I can say that with 2400lbs and a 1.5 60ft the sr240z can run a low 11sec 1/4 with a great driver.

Filefront.com will host the file for free as long as you want, but you won't be able to direct link download. People will have to go to the site link you post and go through a download que for the file (usualy isn't any wait, unless you've got 50 people downloading).

CLEAN Z though man. And I believe that 360HP would be plenty to scare the crap out of most people, even car guys. Ever seen what 100hp over stock will do in an old MR2? Dang, with light cars that have the right suspention setup, it'll feel like the car's pulling your gut apart. I'd love to take a ride in that Z. Now that I think about it... between all the car i've race in, i can't recall street racing anyone you wouldn't be able to beat. Fastest car I ever street raced was a 13B powered triumph, and you could have killed it, considering I beat it with a 93 cobra.

Forget street racing man, that thing is track bound for glory.

i would like to congratulate you, you have just shaken my whole plan for my car, that looks so clean. I have custom made boyd coddington 17s, building custom metal flares.. etc.. and only decided on that after months of not knowing if i wanted old school or new school, and now, im thinkin of selling the boyd rims, forget the flares.. and going with zgs and some 16s.you wouldnt mind if i copied your paint, wheels and body work would ya? you know what they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)

by the way, where did you get your zgs from, ive had a few sets and those look bigger? might just be the color and wheels though.. if they are, they may fit my wheels and i would have no need for all this trouble..

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

In All Respect To The Guy Doubting An 11 Sec Sr 240z, Its Very Possible.

My Car Which Was Originally Done By Them Weighs 2310 With Me (180lbs) And 14gals Of Gas.... It Makes ~200whp On Stock Boost. Stock Trans, 3.9 Open Diff, 205/50r15 Federal Street Radials, Lightend Flywheel, And Fmic.

The Car Ran 13.1 On Stock Boost.... I've Never Ran It At A Full 14 Psi Which Nets Around 250whp, But I'm Sure Since I Have No Traction Issues At Stock Boost With The Added 50hp I Would Be Around 12.7 Or So. With An Extra 110+hp I'm Sure You Can Shave 1+ Second Off The Time With A Better Driver Than Me.

damn christian 2130 lbs is good for a full street car. now i really want to go get our car weighed just waiting to go to the truck scale by our house, i should be going before this weekend hopefully.

BTW: the flares are ZG Flares from MSA and the watanabes are 16x9 -13 offset front and 16x9.5 -19 offset rear.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

With Out My Fatness Then Yeah It Would Be Around 2100lbs.... If Only I Could Do The Biggest Weight Reduction Of All, Shaving ~30lbs From My Waist And Stomach ;)

WELL I GUESS THE 72 WAS ONLY ~2400 FROM THE FACTORY. THEN THE SR WAS INSTALLED (~150LBS), THE INTERIOR WAS SEMI GUTTED (~30LBS), THE HEATER ASSEMBLY REMOVED (~20), THE ENGINE BAY WAS STRIPPED OF ALL BUT ESSENTIALS, SPARE TIRE REMOVED, LIGHTER WHEELS AND TIRES, THE LIGHT EXHAUST WAS INSTALLED, AND I'M SURE A FEW OTHER THINGS WERE DONE TO LOWER THE WEIGHT. IN THE NEAR FUTURE I HOPE TO GET MY FIBERGLASS SS HOOD INSTALLED, THE WHEELS LIGHTEND FURTHER (KONIG REWINDS), REAR DISCS INSTALLED, AND A WELL CELL... THIS SHOULD SHAVE ~20+ ADDITIONAL LBS OFF.

wow, amazing the effect wheels and colors have, thats where i always get mine from, and yours look bigger, maybe i just have flare envy, actually i figured it out, ive never seen them painted, i install and let them get the car painted, so mine always come white, yours is black, black ones are always bigger hahaha