HybridZ

I Need Help With A Shipping Company

Mikelly

Guys I need a recommendation for a shipping company for my LS1 motor. It is done and I need to get it from Arkansas to Virginia next week... Any recommendations for a shipping company would be appreciated. Estes Freight Shipping wanted $956 and that just sounded SOOOOOO wrong.

Mike

I shipped an L28T from Kansas to Baltimore for under $500 with USF/Dugan(KA) USF/Holland(MD). Pick it up at the terminal and you will cut the price in half. Also ASK for a discount, usually they will give you some break, but rest assured you won't get it if you dont ask.

I bought a block from a guy in CA, got it shipped back to NC by American Freightways for $256. The reason I chose them is them had a terminal in the same city and picked it up at the guys house with no problems. Any company that has a location close to the seller is probably gonna be the best bet.

John

Guest Phil1934

I shipped 2 from Atl to Seattle for about $400 with pick up and direct drop. Better to go to terminal though, as most people can't handle an engine del'y. I used USF/Dugan. Be careful to make sure they get the code right. Twice I've shipped steel on a pallet and got a bill for 3 times the usual cost as they coded it fragile. A phone call cleared it up both times.

R&L wanted to charge $320 to deliver from their shop in Arkansas to my home in Fredericksburg, Va. where as Forward Air only wants about $150 to ship from the Depot in LittleRock to the Depot 5 miles from work at Dulles.

Mike