HybridZ

Nicest LS1 240Z yet!

Guys, I just got back from spending a couple days in Cali for the All Datsun Meet at Mt. Shasta. We started the event on Thursday with a track day at Thunderhill Raceway Park in Willows. It was 105 degrees in the shade, 117 degrees on the track and was 113 degrees going through Redding on the way back up to Mt. Shasta. Just damn hot! Anyway, I snapped some pics of Dave Kipperman's LS1 240Z that he just finished. Actually, not quite, as he ran out of time to get his CVs in, but it's mostly done. He built this car as an autocross & hillclimb car and will drive it some on the street. He ran it hard on the track and was one of the fastest guys out there, with over 100 cars at the track. We then went up to Mt. Shasta, where Dave took Top Time of Day in the gymkhana. I left early on Saturday morning, so I didn't get to see the car show and autocross, but I'd bet Dave had a good chance at Top Time in the autocross and possibly best of show out of the 150-200 Datsuns that were there. The whole event is comprised primarily of Zs, Roadsters and majority of 510s. I'm working on a album with some of the other pics, as there were a ton of race prepped Z at the track this year. Stay tuned for that stuff. For now, here's the link to Dave's Z, which could possibly be the nicest LS1 Hybrids to date. Check it out!

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=578

Man, have to agree. Beautiful car. Has all the bolt on goodies too. Could learn alot from his build.

What the hell happened to his brake MC? No wonder the under hood looks so clean. Also anyone know why he would put adjustable bars going from the front of the strut tower to the frame rails? I know this is suppose to be a good area to brace, but why adjustable heim joints?

Beautiful car.

very nice, I really like the covers he made on the side of the engine compartmen under the access lids. very cool, I might just have to borrow his idea but make them out of CF instead. would love to see that car in person....clean clean clean.

Also anyone know why he would put adjustable bars going from the front of the strut tower to the frame rails? I know this is suppose to be a good area to brace, but why adjustable heim joints?

You want adjustable strut braces because then you can preload them so that they hold the body tighter. This is the ideal set up that you want when installing strut braces, although most(including myself at this time) just use a nonadjustable bar.

Guy

I also added more pics from the All Datsun Meet at Shasta, where there were maybe 1 or 2 stockers and the rest are hybridz of some sort. From an RB25DET powered 240Z, to a VG30DETT 510, to SR20DET Roadsters, to an SR22DET 510, VG30 510s, KA turbo 510 w/ 4 link rear suspension, etc. Thought you guys might get some ideas from the interesting mix of classic Datsuns & modern technology. Enjoy!

I accidentally filed them along with the Canby Meet, so the Shasta pics start on the 2nd page.

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=570

• 2 months later...
Guys' date=' I just got back from spending a couple days in Cali for the All Datsun Meet at Mt. Shasta. We started the event on Thursday with a track day at Thunderhill Raceway Park in Willows. It was 105 degrees in the shade, 117 degrees on the track and was 113 degrees going through Redding on the way back up to Mt. Shasta. Just damn hot! Anyway, I snapped some pics of Dave Kipperman's LS1 240Z that he just finished. Actually, not quite, as he ran out of time to get his CVs in, but it's mostly done. He built this car as an autocross & hillclimb car and will drive it some on the street. He ran it hard on the track and was one of the fastest guys out there, with over 100 cars at the track. We then went up to Mt. Shasta, where Dave took Top Time of Day in the gymkhana. I left early on Saturday morning, so I didn't get to see the car show and autocross, but I'd bet Dave had a good chance at Top Time in the autocross and possibly best of show out of the 150-200 Datsuns that were there. The whole event is comprised primarily of Zs, Roadsters and majority of 510s. I'm working on a album with some of the other pics, as there were a ton of race prepped Z at the track this year. Stay tuned for that stuff. For now, here's the link to Dave's Z, which could possibly be the nicest LS1 Hybrids to date. Check it out!

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=578

well speaking of nice LS1 swaps, i saw qwik240z's z in person and was very very impressed with how clean and simple his set up. very very well done setup. the car was all around the nicested z iv seen and i hope mine looks half as clean when im done. i give him props!