HybridZ

need help distorying a video tape!!!! please help!

Guest ON3GO

ok well im in deep **** .

my parents got ahold of a video tape.. (hifi digital 8) and they are gonna watch it.. if they do im in deep **** .

they took my camara to watch it so i cant delete it that way, and i cant like set it on fire or anything so does anybody know how to delete whats on the tape with out like a camcoreder or like bruning it to death smile.gif ..

plase help!!!

mike

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a Hi-Fi tape - like high density HDs the arial (sp?) density is very high which means it will take a SERIOUS magnet to overwrite it. It's worth a shot of course but don't expect great results just waving one over it. Head to RatShack and pray they still carry demagnitizers for video tapes and try that smile.gif Actually, try it several times on both sides!

it cant go in a VCR at all. not that type of tape.

also i cant go out to get something to erase it, i have to do it now, tonight.. they are gonna watch it tomorrow. :( ..

i thought of a magnet but i dont have any at all..

**** !

any other ideas?

mike

Guest Anonymous

get a (ringer) tape that looks just like the problem tape and switch em shifty.gif . Or just sit back and enjoy :D the show.. the expressions :eek: on their faces will probably be priceless cuss.gif !

lol if i sit back and watch this tape with my parents im dead, my mom would fant, my dad would.. omg i cant even think what my dad would say.

i heard bleach would work but i still dont wanna mess this tape up kinda.. im gonna go 007 style tonight and look for the tape and swap it out with another.. good memories on that tape.

but if i cant im dead.. maybe ill just steal it and say i dont know what happend to it.

mike

why don't you just take the tape, destroy it, and dispose of it. if the evidence isn't present, what are they going to do?

and I said, GET A CONVERTER FOR THE TAPE. it looks like a VHS tape with a slot in it to insert the 8mm tape into. they sell them so you can watch 8mm tapes in your vcr.

if i distroy the tape they know i will and ill still get **** for it, its gonna be clean and unknown. smile.gif ,

and ya i know what ya mean but im sure they dont make a converter for this style size tape.

mike

Guest ProfessorRog

steal the cord that connects the recorder and the TV, unless they are determined to see this tape, they'll probably get a new cord giving you enough time to erase the video

See, here in lies the misgivings of youth. If something is on that tape that you are ashamed of, then I say tough. Let mom and dad see it and take your lumps. You are in their house, living under their rules (I assume...) so you need to face the music. malebitchslap.gif

I assume one of two things... You either had a roll in the hay with someone you are smitten with that they (Your parents) are not, or you pulled some stunt that you HAD to video tape so you could show it to your buddies... Either way, your stress is mildly amusing. Take the advice of others and swipe the tape or take your lumps... twak.gif

Being a step-parent is making me cranky... :D

Mike cheers.gif