HybridZ

Ground control camber plates

• 3 months later...

When mounting the GC plates UNDER the strut tower, did you guys trim the plate itself? The way those look in the pics mounted under the tower, it looks like you shaved off the shoulders to make it fit... I'm thinking about doing this very thing on mine since I already opened up the tower and otherwise I'd have to mount it on top and reinforce the area...

Ideas?

Mike

I had to shave a little bit off of the corners for the front plates I think. The rears fit in without any trouble. Were I to do it again I think I'd make a plate and mount them on top, at least in the front. That's an extra 1/4 or so travel, and I think it looks a lot nicer. I would definitely NOT do them on top without the reinforcing plate.

If I had this to do over again, I think I'd just do the Arizona Zcar plates at all four corners. Not real happy with the "ground control" solution at this point...

Having the AZC units installed in the back gave me a great comparison for install and adjustment.

Mike