HybridZ

Where the #@&! do I jack up the car from???

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

ROFL that T-bar looks jsut like the support Tim240z made to straighten out my front air dam!!

it was warped and sagging... that bar fixed it right up :D

Don't think I'll do anything so dramatic to the car though just to jack it up.... scissor jack works fine and gets the car up quickly... only a little more work than with the hydraulic... the handle you use to turn it gives a LOT of leverage so not too much exertion needed.

It's a pure race car so jacking speed is of the essence and the car is very low. I was so damn tired of doing a jack dance around the car every time I put it up. I saw this on a race 510 so I copied it. Pipe goes through body and double wall into the little seat belt well. Welds everywhere I could reach. T-bar is 1" barstock and angle. Weighs about 15 lbs.

Just what I need, another "That's a good idea". I'm fighting the deadly "While I'm Here I Might As Well ....." virus, and the I see that tube idea. Great, now I'm thinking "I could put a tube across the car, it would strengthen the frame, act as drive shaft loop, you wouldn't notice it, ........" :twak:

Thanks a lot :toetap05:

- Joe :-D

Drive on blocks first, get a low profile jack, have someone lift it up, etc.

My car is quite low, I can always get a jack under the rear diff without a problem. In the front I usually just drive onto a couple of 2x4's to raise it up enough for the jack.

However, since I got a low-pro rotary lift I haven't had to do any of that stuff. :D

Guest bastaad525

you guys are crazy....

an my jack IS pretty low profile I mean it's the smallest of the hydraulic jacks I've ever seen... funny thing is my car isn't SLAMMED or anything... the tires aren't tucked up into the wheel wells, nothing like that, but I just can't get this jack past the fuel tank.

I'm gonna stick with the ramps idea OR I'll use the scissor jack to get it started then get the hydraulic under the diff... a little extra work sure but nothing too bad.