HybridZ

What would you do?

CruxGNZ

Guest ON3GO

dont get the lotus.

there one of my all time fav cars but there nothing.. NOTHING but problems.

trannys go out all the time, boost and electronic problems all the time.

i say finish the Z.. and this is coming from somebody that keeps getting more and more projects.

mike

I'm with Scottie and others. Matt, For four years I've been with out a Zcar while I was building control arms, building a garage and playing with the corvette... You have to ask yourself this... Do you want to do the Z, or don't you? There is only so much time in the day, and with work, family, and the occassional exercise thrown in, where do you fit in another project down the line?

I just look at my peers who are on the track, or on the street in their Zcars while mine still sits, Closer to being done, but still sitting, and I wonder how much further along mine owuld have been to completion if I didn't have the Vette's distractions or the other issues in life that I mention above.

Just my opinion, but I'd pass and finish the Z, enjoy it for a while, and then see where you are with time, space, and life! :2thumbs:

Mike

I'm with Scottie and others. Matt' date=' For four years I've been with out a Zcar while I was building control arms, building a garage and playing with the corvette... You have to ask yourself this... Do you want to do the Z, or don't you? There is only so much time in the day, and with work, family, and the occassional exercise thrown in, where do you fit in another project down the line?

I just look at my peers who are on the track, or on the street in their Zcars while mine still sits, Closer to being done, but still sitting, and I wonder how much further along mine owuld have been to completion if I didn't have the Vette's distractions or the other issues in life that I mention above.

Just my opinion, but I'd pass and finish the Z, enjoy it for a while, and then see where you are with time, space, and life! :2thumbs:

Mike[/quote']

What Mike said is exactly what I am talking about. You did say you have to put the Z aside to spend $1000 to buy the Lotus. This is a decision you have to make with your head not your heart.

it's a toughy for sure, BUT if the lotus is THAT clean w/ low miles, then I'd say get it, rewire it, stick the GN in it w/ a porsche ta and your good right?

I think it depends on how CLEAN it really is. My wife would KILL me if I brought another dismantled car home so I wouldn't get to enjoy it any way...

• 3 weeks later...

Oops! Forgot to fill you guys in. I did check out the car and chated with the current owner. With his limited time, he is trying to get the 4 banger to turn over. I saw the enigne bay, and it is a mess! He said if he can't get it running, then he's either going to sell it or drop a big block chevy in into the thing. But he said he really wants the thing gone, because there is no room in his shop. Later on that day after I left, I decided to go ahead full steam with the GNZ. Seeing his Ferrari with hopped up engine, fender flares, and WIDE wheels and seeing his Alfa with a turbo hemi V-6 (all aluminum engine!), really got the blood going! I have since got the 2004R transmission built up, had the driveshaft made, and lined up some time on a buddy's lift to fabricate the exaust.

More cars would be fun, but I realised my plate is full already and look how long it has taken me to get the Z where it's at. Another project would be a dumb idea at this time.

(oh, I know, I'll be kicking myself in the *** later on in life for letting this one go)

!M!

(oh' date=' I know, I'll be kicking myself in the *** later on in life for letting this one go)

!M![/quote']

Don't worry about it. There will always be another “dream car†to come along. BTW I saw a similar add recently that had me thinking as well. The line that got me said that he “couldn’t afford this exotic anymore.â€

buy the lotus ... you can't have too many projects ...

as was suggested ... if you have the time and the space ... you may eventually get to the lotus ...

if not ... sell it or give ut away some where down the road ...

you will know the fork in the road when you see it ...

it will be the exact spot you would be standing at and kicking yourself for not buying the lotus today if you pass this deal by ...

i've been at that fork many a time ...