HybridZ

motorcycle engine swap?

Guest HALLOWEEN Z

Guest HALLOWEEN Z

I've always wanted a bike and I'm finally getting one. It's a large cruiser called a Vento Rebellion, they do have a site on the web. It's a great looking bike and it seems to fit me better than any bike I've sat on yet, haven't had a chance to test ride anything cause I don't have a license. It's very cheap for a new bike, only$2400 but theres a problem, its only got a 150cc motor which is fine right now cause I don't have any motorcycle experience. The bike is belt drive. I was looking at the bike and its got a lot of room around the engine area and driving a hybrid z of course I started thinking about later on when I got it paid off I'm going to want something faster and I generally like to work with what I have rather than buy something else. I haven't looked real close at the mounting of the motor but is there any reason why it would be any harder doing a bike swap than it was with the car. Except I know I would need to do something with mounting. Now I'm day dreaming the way I did when I got my car. The thought of someday building a cruiser that would tame down a sport bike at a stoplight:twisted: Also I did some calculations and the mileage I'll be getting the bike will actually pay for itself and insurance each month. Plus I don't have to drive my Z to work and worry about it getting keyed.

http://www.vento.com/pub/usa/moto_galeria.asp?zone=EUA&Id=15&moto=Rebellian

you might better rethink that! 150cc?? Better not try and merge into traffic or pull out in front of anybody, thats basically a scooter. If i was buying a bike the smallest thing I would get is a 600cc streetbike. I rode one for almost a year and loved it -- my first bike was a '98 cbr600f4and my second bike was a '00 cbr600f4.

Halloween Z, Put the idea out of your head! The little cruiser bike is designed for a 150cc engine! If you stuff anything into it with more than 15 HP you will certainly overstress everything else. If you go about modifying it to accept bigger HP, you will wind up spending alot of time and money. Just save your cash and when the time comes you can step up to a motorcycle

I have to agree with the last 2 posts, save your money and get something that is built for a bigger engine. Beside your logic about not having to drive the Z is defeated the minute you pull the engine to swap in a larger one, it will take a long time and probably turn into an exercise in motorcycle engineering. I looked at their web-site and it is a nice looking bike but I didn't see all that much room for more engine and the frame tubes are very small.

Wheelman

I'm with the get something bigger. My first bike was a CB400 and soon after got a ZX6, then CBR600. 600cc's is as small as I'd go.

You might get run down by a pocket bike on that backyard toy. 150cc's isn't enough for the size of that. You'll have buyers remorse the first day. The idea of a motor swap is even crazier than buying the bike to begin with.