HybridZ

What color to choose?

pjo046

I'd like to see a blue similar to Daytona blue but with a slightly larger flake, a lighter hue, and some pearlescent mixed in, and on top of that a nice translucent coat of candy blue in the same hue. I am very favoritized to Blue/Black/Silver color combos though. It is a very clean look that can grab attention but not be overwhelming. Just my .02.

Guest ON3GO
I'd like to see a blue similar to Daytona blue but with a slightly larger flake, a lighter hue, and some pearlescent mixed in, and on top of that a nice translucent coat of candy blue in the same hue. I am very favoritized to Blue/Black/Silver color combos though. It is a very clean look that can grab attention but not be overwhelming. Just my .02.

i had a daytona blue with more flake in it on my blue Z... was nice.

Ed also here in houston had a simular blue but from the C4 vette, i think it was admiral blue??? he also had a porsche blue on the at one point.

mike

Guest Z Draci

My personal opinion is that a silverish color really brings out the body curves in the S30. I have a frosty silver on mine and it looks sexy along with its curvy chrome bumpers.

Silver is the most popular color for cars. When I get the time and money to paint my car, I'd go with Lamborghini Titanium Grey. Who would pay the money for Lamborghini paint for their Z anyways? LOL

I was also thinking about matching the color of the gunmetal grey Esprit so that it'll look nice sitting alongside it. A couple people have asked Maserati to do their Quattroporte's exterior/interior the same exact color as their 550's--blue paint with classy brown leather. It's always nice to see two completely different cars in your garage with the same colors.

I'd go with a color that gives stark contrast along the lines and shadows. The S30 has lines that are there to be appreciated. Other solid colors tend to blur it all.

For a few years Acura had a limited edition color for the Integra's, Supersonic Blue Pearl. It is similar to the Electron Blue used on the Civic's, and whatever metallic blue is used on the Viper. SSBP has more of a purple tint to it though, and it changes colors based on the light. Park it under a metal-halide parking light and it looks like it is glowing. It direct sunlight it looks blue.

When I had my Integra I got comments constantly on how good that color looked.

Well, the interior of my car will be black, with white autometer gauges, and red 4-point Saabelt harnesses. I want to tint the hatch- and sidewindows a bit, but not too much. The rims have a bright silver face, and a polished outer lip.

Furthermore, I want the car clean, so no racing stripes or graphics. :-)

My $0.02, go with a subdued colour that doesn't scream attention whore, but that is slick enough for people to comment "I never thought that could look so good..." Something along the lines of Honda's Championship White with the afore mentioned BMW Steel Grey for the tail panel and wheels, monochrome, smooth, clean and a little oldschool meets high-tech. For extra points, replace the the front and rear turn signals with somthing more flush mounted and delete all emblems except the 'Z' on the b-pillars. If you've got a good profile pic of your car, I'll 'chop it for you

Hi, I'm also thinking of repainting my 1972 240Z. I was completely amazed by what Mr. Miyahara did with his 240Z(G). It has three shades of champagne color: body/flares+back end/front bumper.

Q: Is it not-done to copy this or should I only care about what I like?

Q: Is there any possibility to find out what the colour codes of this beautiful car are?

Tell me what you think and I'd suggest to keep uploading car with great color schemes!

Miya04171.jpg

Are there anyone here who is good with photoshop or similar programs? If so, could you take a picture of a 240Z, and change the color to BMW steel grey, and add Konig Imagine wheels? And leave the bumpers chromed.

That would be really great!! Had I been better at photoshop, I would have done it myself.

If someone does this for me, could you also shave away the antenna, and lower the car. It would need to be a picture with a msa airdam in the front. :-) I would be really thankful!!!! :-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I did a few interesting combinations in the past that looked really good.

White with a gold pearl where the sun catches it just right it looks like you have gold highlights.

Viper Silver with a Gold pearl. This one is really hard to describe but it was really nice looking. The Viper Silver is already very nice but adding a shot of gold pearl and a few coats of clear on top gives it such a deep pewterish color that it seems like it is deep and really wet. It almost appears as if you are looking into like about 1/2" of paint or more and trying to find the bottom. Also with different lights it almost gave a slight brown metalic glow to the car. This was on a viper 1998 so it was a bit easier.

One I thought would be interesting if you like red is to paint the car red and do a blue metalic pearl and some clear on top. From what it should turn out is that you have a very bright red car in real bright sun with hints of purple glow and when the light is not so bright it should have a red purple look to it.

Pearls are an interesting way to add some spice to the paint that make it stand out from the standard and common paints.

good luck on figuring it out. I know my wife will be the one to select the color when we are ready to paint ours so my part is easier.

Robert

• 3 weeks later...