HybridZ

2008 Chevrolet Camaro

auxilary

Good call Boobala! Not many would pick that. That alfa is damn nice.

Douglas

Somebody in another forum (SomethingAwful.com) pointed out it for me. I'm just sharing this info with you guys. :)

And a bad photoshop of the Alfa at that too - just look at the wheels now that is just wrong - you think if this was a real GM Proto-type or concept they would have spent a bit more time on getting it to look right.

It's not a GM concept, it's from some joe-schmoe in another car forum.

can't call it a camaro anyway ...

gm had contract with small canadian town that all camaros until i think it was 2020 will be built at that factory ...

Ste Therese just north of Montreal. SLP, a performance firm, moved there shop up there from Jersey just in time to have the plant shut down. Bloody inconvenient for everyone. There was a lot of politics involved.

I made a few dollars hauling fluids into that plant.

There are other names that can be used, like Z28 and IROC and what ever else the PR guys can come up with.

waynekarnes is right, it won't b the camaro anymore, its supposed to be a FWD car, wich destroys the whole idea of the camaro, even if they put a nice engine such as the LS7 in it, all it would do is spin the front tires off the line, and go no where......what a waste.

Among the scenarios under discussion inside General Motors is the development of a lower-cost version of the Sigma rear-drive platform that underpins the Cadillac CTS and STS sedans. Another proposal would take the new rear-drive platform that's being developed in Australia for the next-generation Holden Commodore sedan and spin off a low-cost variant for North America.

Not only does that mean RWD, it also means IRS. And to that I say... 'bout time!

Guest iskone

FWIW. The good looking Green RS and the Orange SS were done about a year or so ago by a guy named Kris Horton. He has a site where many VERY nice looking cars can be viewed. http://www.carsbykris.com/gallery/ Also look at Tyler's site www.t56kit.com Although I haven't spoke with him in about 9 months he was going to have that car ready for SEMA, don't know what happened.

I use (still) to be all in to first gen F-bodies and had planned to do a pro-touring (before it was big, sky rocketting prices) 68 and was just started to talk to him about my concept. It crosses my mind to have him do an old school Z for me now and again. A 240 slammed to the ground with ZG's, air damn, Spoiler, and some fat *** 15's is my favorite look at the moment. Just wish some one made a 315/15 or 305/15 that could run on the street.

Isk

Don't worry guys I'll always have a special place in my heart for 240's :icon44: