HybridZ

Damn you, HybridZ.org!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

It was exactly 14 days ago that I found this site. Drawn here by the pictures of Terry Oxendale's Z race car, I quickly scanned the forum and found the level of tech and support from the members here to be excellent. Needless to say, visions of my own SBF powered Z car began floating through my head. Three days later I had located and purchased two '78 280zx's for $1000 CDN, and brought them home. Seven days after that I had purchased a '92 Mustang GT donor car for $1500 CDN, and now I'm ready to begin the processes of conversion and restore (One 280 for driving, and one for racing ;) ). Just thought you all should know, it only took me 14 days to become hopelessly hooked on your damned Hybrid crack!

Hi, my name is Curt, and I'm an addict.....

:D

Welcome And DO NOT call me when you get DTs! My wife will inform you that I can't come to the phone to talk you off the ledge... As I'm likely on the cell phone with Pete, who is likely talking me off the ledge...

Sick addiction we have around here...

Mike

Originally posted by Curt:

.., Hi, my name is Curt, and I'm an addict..... :D

Hello Curt; unfortunately w/the HybridZ scenario-admitting your problem is not the first step to recovery...it is the first step to a slippery slope ride that never ends. bonk.gif

But at least you are in good company-birds of a feather will always flock together: even if the birds are Coo-Coo's 2thumbs.gif

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the welcome guys!

One quick question, is there an online VIN decoder or something like that? I'd like to figure out exactly what I've got on these cars (LSD, etc.)

Thanks.

Some people take longer to come around, glad to see you jump right in - you'll be glad you did once you're done. Use the search fuction as most questions have come up before. As to your diff - it's a one-legged 3.54 R200. LSD didn't come out until '87. Good luck!

Heavy Z

Guest Anonymous

14 days! twak.gif sounds like a serious addiction.. shifty.gif . up your dosage bonk.gif and get more Z's.... tear them all apart :eek: and take years to get one running....devote most of your nono.gif time on this hail.gif website wanting MORE 2thumbs.gif and then you are HARDCORE b_hand.gif

Curt:

Funny how that gets into your blood!!! You've just crossed over to the other side and welocme. Your malady notwithstanding is common to this realm. And yes...Terry it's all your fault, just kidding. The group that makes up this enterprise are all great folk! Helpful, kind, usually considerate, but most of all down to earth. They love their persuits and take solas in their accomplishments. Look forward to hearing your passion develop as I am sure you cars will. Again, welcome to HybridZ.

Comps, VAN cheers.gif

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by Tomahawk Z:

If you have 78 280s they are not ZXs.....

No? Well the one is badged 280zx Turbo, and the PO said they were 78's so I took it in good faith. I'll take a look at the stickers once I get back home. Come to think of it, I do remember a friend of mine saying one was an '81...

As you can probably tell, I'm not at all knowledgeable about these cars.

Guest Anonymous

Gee Curt, sounds like you stumbled across a turbo 280 ZX which is one hot commodity in engine and drive train. Beginners luck! While you are on a roll ..go to the junkyard and pick up a few lsd diffs and low mileage Corvette long blocks.