HybridZ

Explain to me why i can't run a 73' gas tank on my EFI L28ET swap... pretty please?

Guest 73Turbo240z

Guest 73Turbo240z
There is a guy that builds sumps specifically for the 240 tank.

I had his email for a while and then lost it. I'll try to find it for everyone. If memory serves me' date=' the cost was $65 and it was a perfect fit.

Bryan

Dat240zg[/quote']

bumping cause i still would like to know about this....

Would anyone have pictures of the drain plug option and how it looks when it is done? This could save me money in the long run without having to get a fuel cell and upgrade all the lines right now.

ditto

75 or 76 tank will work on 240.77 or 78 wont.my 77 starves for fuel on hard turns after it hits 1/4 tank.the 280 tanks had a very large hose for out put to pump-about 11 mm.i have 3/8 aeroquip pushlok hose clamped to mine.if you are building a average horsepower 280 turbo install 5/16 hose will work.

• 3 weeks later...
bumping cause i still would like to know about this....

ditto

Brad, with the green RB26 Z, here is his profile and carddomain page:

http://forums.hybridz.org/member.php?userid=8435

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/709284/2

pictures are there. last time I spoke with him he was still making them, hope this hasnt changed as I still intend on buying one of his sumps.

Still no one with a Drain Feed line photo?

ok, this isnt exactly what your looking for but the premise is the same this was temporary and now im using a single side feed. the gentlemen that painted my car jacked up the car by the gas tank though and now I must weld in a new sump and install it on my NEW 240Z tank.

underz.jpg

ok' date=' this isnt exactly what your looking for but the premise is the same this was temporary and now im using a single side feed. the gentlemen that painted my car jacked up the car by the gas tank though and now I must weld in a new sump and install it on my NEW 240Z tank.

QUOTE']

Close enough, thanks!

Nice job on the lines. On my racers with stock tanks I use a "high capacity fuel filter" (HCFF) which is SCCA legalese for a scavenging system. A small auxiliary pump pulls fuel and air from the stock tank and fills the HCFF. The bubbles go to the top of the "filter" and then back to the tank. That is all that pump does is recirculate fuel and air and lkeep the HCFF full. The main engine fuel pump pulls fuel only from the bottom of the HCFF - no air there unless the fuel tank is bone dry. My HCFF holds almost one gallon so by the time it is dry the main tank is completely scavenged of fuel. I added an in-line check valve to the return line from the HCFF to the main tank - just in case. If the auxiliary pump quits the check valve prohibits the main pump from pulling air through the HCFF return line. Simple system really and you can use smaller a HCFF if you want to place it in a smaller space than something like the trunk of my BMW IT car. I used a smaller tank under the hood of my dirt car 'cuz there's no trunk firewall in that chassis. The Z also had an HCFF in the trunk area but I had to put a sheetmetal box around it. PS with this system you have no warning when the fuel is gone. When the carb(s) run out your'e coasting.

Guest 73Turbo240z
Nice job on the lines. On my racers with stock tanks I use a "high capacity fuel filter" (HCFF) which is SCCA legalese for a scavenging system. A small auxiliary pump pulls fuel and air from the stock tank and fills the HCFF. The bubbles go to the top of the "filter" and then back to the tank. That is all that pump does is recirculate fuel and air and lkeep the HCFF full. The main engine fuel pump pulls fuel only from the bottom of the HCFF - no air there unless the fuel tank is bone dry. My HCFF holds almost one gallon so by the time it is dry the main tank is completely scavenged of fuel. I added an in-line check valve to the return line from the HCFF to the main tank - just in case. If the auxiliary pump quits the check valve prohibits the main pump from pulling air through the HCFF return line. Simple system really and you can use smaller a HCFF if you want to place it in a smaller space than something like the trunk of my BMW IT car. I used a smaller tank under the hood of my dirt car 'cuz there's no trunk firewall in that chassis. The Z also had an HCFF in the trunk area but I had to put a sheetmetal box around it. PS with this system you have no warning when the fuel is gone. When the carb(s) run out your'e coasting.

any photo documentation of this setup?

Sorry, but I may not post attachments (and don't know how). I have some pictures that I can fax or email, send some info. Several good suggestions have ben proposed, have you tried any? The scavenge system can mount in the trunk, under the hood or even under the car by the tank. There are a few good-sized cannister filters (Fram) that could make for a good undercar solution with minimal fabrication.

Sorry, but I may not post attachments (and don't know how). I have some pictures that I can fax or email, send some info. Several good suggestions have ben proposed, have you tried any? The scavenge system can mount in the trunk, under the hood or even under the car by the tank. There are a few good-sized cannister filters (Fram) that could make for a good undercar solution with minimal fabrication.

http://imageshack.us/. It's easy to host from there.