HybridZ

Fenders/quarter panels

Z0wner

I need some replacement front fenders for my 260z and I was wondering where is a good place to purchase them from? I have no experience with this so I would like some guidance in picking a place to order them. Give me your experience from the store please.

aftermarket STEEL fenders do not line up properly. But some good quality fiberglass parts are out there that is guaranteed to fit. http://www.smoothline.com/ is such a fiberglass parts manufacturer.

Nissan OEM is great, but very expensive. The third way is to visit wreckyards for good fenders. I did find a decent one off a 240z, needs minor work tho.

This is the reply from Smoothline after I asked about their price.

Thanks for your inquiry! We appreciate your interest in our products.

Smooth Line Composite body panels are exact reproductions of original steel panels. Thousands of our panels are in use today. Our panels will make your Z look new again. Forget about rust or dents forever! Our standard body panels weigh approximately 50% of the metal panels. This will help make your car faster and handle better.

1970 -78 Datsun Z

10601 Fr Fender--Dr $450.00 Retail $250.00 Factory Direct

10602 Fr Fender--P $450.00 Retail $250.00 Factory Direct

10603 R Quarter--Dr $225.00 Retail $125.00 Factory Direct

10604 R Quarter--P $225.00 Retail $125.00 Factory Direct

Our quarter panels bond on. They cover from the door jam back to the seam at the tail light. They also extend from the top of the fender to the bottom edge. Will not fit 2+2 models.

10605 Rocker -- Dr $95.00 Retail $65.00 Factory Direct

10606 Rocker -- P $95.00 Retail $65.00 Factory Direct

10607 Fr Air Dam 70 -74 240/260 $180.00 Retail $125.00 Factory Direct

10608 Fr Air Dam 70 -74 260/280 $180.00 Retail $125.00 Factory Direct

10609 Rear Spoiler 5 1/4" High $180.00 Retail $125.00 Factory Direct

10610 Hood 240/260 $475.00 Retail $250.00 Factory Direct

10611 Hood 280 w / openings $475.00 Retail $250.00 Factory Direct

Our hoods are stock replacement complete with inner panel. Bolt on installation same as original. Threaded metal inserts are molded in. Uses stock hinges and latches.

10612 Headlight Case--Dr $120.00 Retail $110.00 Factory Direct

10613 Headlight Case--P $120.00 Retail $110.00 Factory Direct

10614 Fr Apron w / Prk. Ltg. Pnls. 240/260 $250.00 Retail $195.00 Factory Direct

10615 Fr Apron w / Prk. Ltg. Pnls. 260/280 $250.00 Retail $195.00 Factory Direct

Our front apron is a one piece panel that replaces the original three steel panels. It looks original and bolts on. It provides easier installation and is a stronger replacement.

All of Smooth Line Body Panels are made from a high quality fiberglass composite that are completely block sanded, primed with an urethane primer, glazed, block wet sanded, and primed again. This primer does not require any sealers and is compatible with all top coats.

Also, included at no extra cost, is heavy duty packaging for world wide shipping.

We are absolutely convinced that we have the best product of its kind available anywhere and at competitive prices. If you are looking for the best restoration body panels for import sport cars available today -- look no further.

For a limited time, your price would be the Factory Direct Price.

For the best savings on quality body panels for your Z, now is the time to order. We accept all major credit cards. To order, give us a call toll free 1- 877-368-4533. (724-274-6002 outside US.) All of Smooth Line products are very high quality and are fully guaranteed.

All of Smooth Line Body Panels are custom made to order. Manufacturing and delivery time is approx. 6-8 weeks.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to E-mail or phone. I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks again!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just spoke with Gary from Smoothline and he said they are out of production but they would build if they could get and order of just 3-5 or so of each part that we want made. The pricing he quoted was vague but sounded like it would be on the higher side (no more than 350- 400 for a fender is what I was told). I would be interested at the factory direct prices listed in the thread, but am not sure that I would go the distance on the retail end. I think that a production of 5 each would yeild some serious buyers and be easy to get rid of at the right price. I would personally like one of everything for one of my cars. I wasn't planning on the project right now, but would consider it. Anyone out there think it would be a good idea to put together a group buy? He said that fitment was not a problem and people were happy with the product when it was in production. For anyone who doesn't know, my understanding is anything bolt on is replacement, and anything else is bond over existing. I have done the latter with a car in the 80's (different manuf. parts) and it actually was a great option for a car that has body rust if you are not worried about originality (especially if your like I was at age 18 with 0 welding experience and just wanted to get it done with limited tools). Just cut out all the rust and glue these panels right over all the remaining metal. I think this would be a great opt. for my second 240 that I consider to be a car that is far enough gone that I would NEVER put the kind of $ in for a real resto, yet solid enough floor/frame rails that I hate to do away with the car or part it. Anyone?

I had some smooth line products in one of my Z's (front fenders, and 280Z style hood), great product, and very good quality, not to mention good costumer support (i sound like a commercial:biggrin: ). Now the only downfall is, just like any other fiberglass product, you have to massage the product to make it work or to try to make the product look “stock†on the vehicle. I just will like to point that out for the small percent of HybridZ members that are not to mechanically incline, and of course, I am not trying to offend anybody with that remark. If any, I and willing to add my name for a 240Z style hood if we are starting a group buy.

Respectfully,

Alex

Sorry. Not all (non-bolt) products are bond on to existing panels. I'm told that the rockers don't bond onto the existing rockers, but replace them. I still want to find out more and will be in touch when I get more info. Gary is trying to find some photo's and info. and I will be sure to forward all that I can. Sounds like these panels were made to the original specs. of factory panels dimensionally. Something we all would be happy about.