HybridZ

Cleaning block

award280

while its not nearly as effective as a hot tank chemical bath, the local car wash with those high pressure wands and 15 minutes use and a gallon of chemical grease remover/solvent and some wire brush work can clean a bare block to a remarkable level, (soak it down with several cans of wd 40 when your done) and set in the garage to totally dry with several heat guns or hair dryers, heat till its to hot to touch and respray with wd 40 then seal in several layers of plastic bags and several sheets od news paper to absorb minor moisture

I bought and use a portable 3200 psi pressure washer for the shop use just to avoid trips to the car wash, now it won,t/didn,t take many blocks cleaned to pay that off

while its not nearly as effective as a hot tank chemical bath' date=' the local car wash with those high pressure wands and 15 minutes use and a gallon of chemical grease remover/solvent and some wire brush work can clean a bare block to a remarkable level, (soak it down with several cans of wd 40 when your done) and set in the garage to totally dry with several heat guns or hair dryers, heat till its to hot to touch and respray with wd 40 then seal in several layers of plastic bags and several sheets od news paper to absorb minor moisture

I bought and use a portable 3200 psi pressure washer for the shop use just to avoid trips to the car wash, now it won,t/didn,t take many blocks cleaned to pay that off[/quote']

I did this with my last block and it worked great. Be prepared your going to be soaking wet when you leave.