HybridZ

280z Half Shaft Years

rudypoochris

I got a rear end from the pick-n-pull from a 280z. The problem is, this was a year ago, and I forgot the year! I know it is an R200 because of the shape and the car was a manual, obviously. Now what i was wondering is what eyar should i specify the car as when ordering new half shafts, the car has the u-joint style shafts. When i went on kragen.com for the years 76 and 77 the site said that it is a CV. Is this an upgrade or is kragen simply calling all half shafts cv's? thanks

There were some halfshafts that had the inner stub connected to the halfshaft, so there was no flange sticking out of the side of the diff at all, kinda like a CV. I don't recall what years they were, but I thought they were R180s, not R200s. Any normal halfshaft that has U joints and flanges on both ends would fit your R200.

I've got a couple I was going to put on ebay. PM me with an offer if you want them. The Nissan U joints are in good shape.

Not in my experience. I used to think the same as you then I actually measured. They were all the same compressed length, much to my surprise.

http://www.betamotorsports.com Go to Bench Racing and check against the measurements in the "R200 handling issues" link if you want to measure some yourself. I'm sure John would love to see some different ones if you can come up with them.