HybridZ

Evel Knievel's Z for sale

auxilary

This car was never actually Evel's. It was used in his shows and for many promotional events. Popular Hot Rodding did a feature of it and the Pacer Pickup in the early eighties as the author and my dad drove Route 66 from California to our home in Kansas. The car, while beautiful in the red, white, and blue gala, was never more head turning when it was black. Evel also used the Pacer Pickup under the name "Lil Gopher" in many shows. It was sad seeing that Carl was selling the car though after so many years. I will post some pics later of the Z when it was in black. Just an FYI it was never meant to look like a corvette. For my money I've never seen a nicer car that was totaled and brought to life totally customized in less than 30 days. I wish they had reality shows back then, to see the hard work and creativity it took to make this project happen. He did it without a computer or any modern day tooling. Everything was free hand with a lot of blood sweat and tears!

• 2 weeks later...