HybridZ

Anyone Listen to Underground Hip Hop?

Guest iskone

Guest iskone

I've asked before but I don't remember what the result was.

Anyway if you do you've got to hear the new Cage album, it's sick as f#ck!!

It has tracks produced by RJD2, El-P, and DJ Shadow.

Isk One

Guest iskone

Yeah cool.

Lyrics Born is coming to my town then so is Blackalicous. I like the Quannum Cats too but these days am a big Definitive Jux head hence the DJX avatar.

Do you have Fast Cars? I just saw Aesop a month back, it was tight!!

Listen to Sage Francis?

Do any P2P file sharing? If so use DC++ and go to these hubs.

159.148.9.238 I'm [uG]Isk

hiphophub.no-ip.com I'm [HH]Isk

That's where I got the new Cage cd Hell's Winter. It's sick you can hear the El-P influence on the first track.

Also check out High Water and Collecting The Kid by El-P. Those are sick too but are mostly instrumental. Kno vs. Hov is tight too.

Isk

Guest el Jefe

I like DJ Shadow and his collaborations with James Lavelle (U.N.K.L.E.). Some Roni Size and DJ Krush, DJ Tiesto, and DJ Swamp, but that's it for me. Not much for "Hip Hop". I like IDM, D&B, Ambient, Trance as far as dance/electronica (Apex Twin, Squarepusher, u-ziq, Autechre and the likes. I like Lo-fi stuff like older Beck, Sebadoh, Sonic Youth, Death Cab for Cutie, Pavement, Modest Mouse, Built to Spill, Grandaddy, etc etc etc....

Guest iskone

Alright I was strating to think I was the only hip hop head here :icon44:

Anything from Def Jux is tight, well mostly. I used to be into all the Rhyme Sayers cats too but got a little tired of Slug and didn't like where Eyedea went after The Many Faces Of Oliver Heart. But I was just listing to God Loves Ugly yesterday so I'm not giving RSE the boot.

if you like House, Trance, etc... and you like some hip hop you would be doing yourself a favor by listening to Blockhead, KNO, RJD2, El-P (Collecting Da Kid, High Water is performed by a free jazz band), Company flow (Little Jhonny From The Hospital)

How about Buck 65 or Josh Marteniz you guys hear any of that before? Josh Marteniz is pretty tight when I saw this guy all he had was a cd and a mic! I loved it. The newest Buck 65 is kinda weak. He got pretty weird spending alot of time in Europe and kinda became a little elitest.

Sage is one of my favorite mc's for sure. Strill havn't seen him live but I will in Oct. He plays with a live band, that's tight!

Isk

For House, Trance, Trip Hop, etc, I used to listen to Monkey Radio on Winamp. Sometimes it's better then others, but that's pretty much all they play. I like RJD2 a lot, and have some Theivery Corp and Dzihan & Kamien CDs, which I like.

Good study music IMHO

I can't believe I forgot about Jurassic 5!

Mario

Im a fan of Aesop Rock, Mad villains, Deltron, lyrics born, mr lif, ugly duckling, atmosphere, blackalicious abstract rude, non-phrophets and my fav at the moment...MF doom. sweet stuff.

indie scene and low-fi stuff has been good to me lately as well. recently saw le tigre, modest mouse, interpol, and de la soul...I've got tickets for built to spill in september as well as interpol again (GF really likes them) ACL in austin should be a rockin festival but cant justify the price of non-guaranteed admissions...

anywho, music is my first true love, then Zcars... its even better to combine them...listening to good music while in a Z car.....heaven!

This thread rocks! Oh yeah, Felix Da Housecat is pretty cool too. I love almost all the artists mentioned above.

Isk one, I couldn't find the new Cage album. Allmusic.com doesn't even have any information on Cage. When did the album drop? I might have to special order it.

!M!

Guest 81na ZX
Anyway if you do you've got to hear the new Cage album...

It has tracks produced by [...]DJ Shadow.

SWEET! I'm a huge DJ Shadow fan! And obviously UNKLE too. Looks like I'm the only DJ Krush fan though :D

• 2 years later...
Guest witweew

....yeah -- I thought I'd pipe in and say that people are getting

sick of the same old rock/hip-hop/r&b bullsh*t..... and there is just

this big upsurge from a new style coming out of Europe

-- it's pretty easy to find, just put 'euro club hits' into itunes or

check this link:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol+