auxilary

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's california's assault weapons list and category info:

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/awguide/

What identifies an assault rifle:

12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Penal Code section 12276, “assault weapon†shall also mean the following:

Rifles

(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.

(B) A thumbhole stock.

© A folding or telescoping stock.

(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.

(E) A flash suppressor.

(F) A forward pistol grip.

(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10

rounds.

(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

Note: Bayonets and bayonet lugs are not assault weapon characteristics under California law.

my notes:

-so yugo SKS rifles are legal if they're stock 59 model, or 59/66 with grenade launcher removed and a california legal muzzle welded on. This is why they're also more expensive.

-so the way the AR15 is legal is because while it has a pistol grip, it does have any of the other features. california requires 2 of those to make the gun illegal

Pistols

(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.

(B) A second handgrip.

© A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to

fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.

(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

Shotguns

(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:

(A) A folding or telescoping stock.

(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or

vertical handgrip.

(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.

(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Just ordered another No.4 Mk1 Enfield 303 yesterday. This one will be my fourth. These things are like potato chips, you can't have just one. :) With decent ammo and a little bedding work on the stock, these will routinely group around an inch at 100 yards.

Mike

I comply with the gun laws. I own a few AK's. 40 round clips. An SKS, a couple nice rifles, a few shotguns and a handgun for each day of the week. This is a picture of my next rifle. I am buying one as soon as the civilian legal version comes out in early 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_P90

Check it out. It is pretty cool.

Sweet! Looks like a very compact package. My favorite bullpup design is the Walther WA-2000: wa-2000.jpg

Nice way to get a long barrel into a short rifle. The only drawback I've noticed when shooting a bullpup design is that they tend to make my eyes water from the gases coming out along with the spent cases. My brother had a M-17 Bushmaster bullpup in .223 that was fun to shoot for the first 20 rounds or so, after that I could barely see.

My next rifle will most likely be yet another Enfield. Probably a junk one from Big 5 Sporting Goods if I can find it. I found a cool conversion from Rhineland Arms http://www.rhinelandarms.com/ that converts to a .45 ACP. A lot cheaper to shoot, and a lot easier on the shoulder as well.

Guest Battle Pope
I comply with the gun laws. I own a few AK's. 40 round clips. An SKS' date=' a couple nice rifles, a few shotguns and a handgun for each day of the week. This is a picture of my next rifle. I am buying one as soon as the civilian legal version comes out in early 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_P90

Check it out. It is pretty cool.[/quote']

P90.... :wub:

As far as bullpup designs I like the FAMAS. Yes it's a french gun, but they actually might have done something right for once.

Just ordered another No.4 Mk1 Enfield 303 yesterday. This one will be my fourth. These things are like potato chips' date=' you can't have just one. :) With decent ammo and a little bedding work on the stock, these will routinely group around an inch at 100 yards.

Mike[/quote']

PICT0054.jpg

These were definitely fun. no4mk1, and no5mk1 jungle carbine. That thing weighs next to nothing and kicks like a mule!

id like a pistol here for the house.. I live in the gheto like no other, and belive it or not someone walked into my house yesterday while I was asleep.. wtf.. I ran out of my room with a hammer..

cant tell you how much has been stolen out of my yard and vehicals.. I cant have a radio longer then 6 months BC it keeps getting stolen.. If only they knew how much $$$ was in the tools in the garage id be screwed..

a good deterant weapon, im not really wanting to kill someone, more stop them in the event I have to actually shoot it..