HybridZ

SR20DET - what do I need and where do I get it

Lewis Maudlin

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Right now as what was stated I'm at a crossroads..... Should I go with the tried and true enthapy retune, the recommended power fc (most popular), or try the haltech e6x (most features)....

When I come to that path I will more than likely go with the power fc for simplicity, ease of tuning, best support (hundreds of tuners using it), and its low cost.

• 4 months later...
How much will the whole sr20det red top swap going to cost?

How deep are your pockets?

Seriously though, if you want to do it right contact Alex Vildini. Vildini Motorsports handled the swap on my '73. I was rollin with a mikuni triple carbed, built L28. With an sr20det I get high revving, boost induced, high mpg gettin' horsepower. It's apparent that I am pleased with the results, as you'll see when i get all my goals met. In terms of dollar amount, whatever budget you add up with parts...double it to be sure. The cost of the SR swap rivals that of most well executed V8 swaps. Maybe the gas mileage pays off in a decade or so...actually it should. Do it.