HybridZ

Found some old Ronal 3 peice wheels, NO bolts.

Guest ON3GO

Hey guys, found some old Ronal Racing wheels.

Look just like old BBS wheels or SSR mesh wheels that everybody knows well.

there either 15 or 16inch, not sure, and the rears are about 12inchs wide and the front about 9 or 10. there very cool!

there all taken apart, and theres no bolts so i can put them back together.

for you track race guys, what should i do about this? i really want these wheels, and i think they would look great on my Z.

they are off a 240Z, well they were on it at one point.

i already contacted Ronal and they said they couldnt help me out at all.

i just need some hardware to put these suckers together.

mike

Getting proper strength nuts and bolts is not going to be easy. I suggest you find a military fastener supply house and source NAS1352 alloy steel socket head cap screws in the correct diameter and length. You'll also need hardened washers and metal self-locking nuts (Stover nuts). Call Ronal to get the torque specs, but its most likely something like 180 inch pounds.

You're probably looking at a -4 size which has a minimum breaking strength of 5,400 lbs. The designation would be something like: NAS1352-04-8 for an alloy socket head cap screw black oxide coated 1/2" long.

there 16x10.5 rear and 16x8.5.. deff gonna need ZG's and some coilovers..

ill post a thread with pics, and see what you guys think.

im searching all over for bolts and nuts, no luck yet.

I called Ronal and there no help, said they stop maken the wheels along time ago and they cant help me out with anything... i atleast want to know what these babys are called!

mike

I can source the nuts, bolts, and washers for you. There's a military fastener supply house about 100 yards from my shop. I'll need the EXACT measurements of the hole diameter and the grip length (thickness of the mounting flanges all assembled). The measurements will need to be to the thousandths so you'll need a micrometer.

I have some wide wheels like that. Mine are still together and I was going to dissasemble them to clean them and polish.

Should I re-use the bolt hardware or do I have to buy new?

Mine are Simmons Racing wheels 16x10, 16x9.

The only available combination of tires I have found that will be wide and not oversize are 245/45/16 rear and 225/45/16 front. Rear are exact stock diameter. Front are slightly undersize. 16 inch low profile tires are not very common.