HybridZ

Poly bushing grease???

I'm putting zerks in my rear control arms and sway bar bushings to be able to grease them, but I have a question about the grease to use. Some info on the web says grease can eat the bushings, the box for the bushings says "impervious to petroleum products", but the grease they provide looks like dielectric grease. Is there a type to use and another to stay away from? I've never seen dielectric grease in a grease gun tube, so I don't know how I'd grease them thru the zerks if I had to use that type of grease (what is that stuff anyway, silicone?).

I just put some poly bushings in the front control arms. They also came with a very sticky white grease. I think it may have been silicone grease.

I thought I have seen a synthetic grease in tube gun form. Not sure.

If so then that would be the best I think.

I've always used Energy Suspension formula five prelubes on polyurethane bushings. The stuff works great and is not too expensive. http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=/egnsearch.asp&N=400008 Browse by Department and click Oils, Fluids & Sealer. It is the first item that comes up. They also comes in smaller packets and are the next item.

• 2 weeks later...