HybridZ

Picture of the Banks twin turbo setup

Well, I posted two pictures of the mockup in my photo album. There is a full on front shot and one of the exhaust housing where it doesn't clear the stud girdle on the drivers side. I'm going to make spacers to move both turbo's up vertically until the housing clears the valve covers. It clears on the passenger side but only barely, not enough to get the turbo boots on. I'll have to redo the wastegate piping but my pro certified welder came by and he'll do it for free. Weedogie!

I got the roller cam and it is ground on an iron core with an iron gear so it'll use the stock dizzy gear, which is good, means lots of street miles with no worries. With .575 lift should be easy on springs.

Once I get the turbo's mocked up where they'll fit the engine, then I'll get the engine going, maybe put it in something to try it out, and then start fabbing some exhaust for the z engine compartment.

http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/medium/Copy_of_P9030006.jpg

Ok, how's that?

The turbo tag says 3aa1bb90b1, ser #0136628, part# 600586-08

Going to fab some spacers to raise the turbo's up to clear the valve covers which will mean having to redo the wastegates into the exhaust. I have to change the cam, and oil pan so I can weld oil drains back to the pan. I have to fab an crankcase evac system into the exhaust, then I have to plumb the whole thing up and see if it in fact works at all.

Guest traub83

Looks pretty sweet!! I am debating selling my blower and going a twin turbo route, just im unsure if I would go carb or one of those throttlebody carb setups that work just like a carb im unsure of the name of it i think TBI but please im not positive. How much power are you looking at getting from that beast!!! makes me wish I had a 5/6 speed in mine rather than the 700r4!!!

http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/medium/Copy_of_P9030006.jpg

Ok' date=' how's that?

The turbo tag says 3aa1bb90b1, ser #0136628, part# 600586-08

Going to fab some spacers to raise the turbo's up to clear the valve covers which will mean having to redo the wastegates into the exhaust. I have to change the cam, and oil pan so I can weld oil drains back to the pan. I have to fab an crankcase evac system into the exhaust, then I have to plumb the whole thing up and see if it in fact works at all.[/quote']

here is some good info for you Rajay Peeps:

3AA1BB90B1 deciphered =

3- The diameter of the compressor wheel

A- Hose connection to the compressor inlet 3.00

A- Rectangular inlet flange (short outlet) - on center

1- Die cast single feed with 1 oil inlet (300 series)

B- Specifies flow compressor housing

B- Specifies turbine wheel

90- Specifies the turbine housing a/r

B- Single feed bearing

1- Heat Shield Stamped

Hope this helps somebody out!

BTW, thats a awfully purty setup!

Guest Turbo_Lag

thats real nice man. If you lived around here i might could hook you up idk at least with tires. i got a buddy who has 3 diff tire shops that let him buy semi used tires for 3 bucks a pop! premium drift sets man