HybridZ

Progress! Going to paint.

jbc3

I have the car loaded and early tomorrow morning I am taking it to a friend's body shop to borrow the paint booth. I primed and wet sanded it now I'm ready for color :) I painted the engine compartment and the primer in the garage, but I'd rather have a better place to do the body. I have limited experience painting, so I am hoping for the best...

Jody

primer1.JPG

primer2.JPG

Good Luck!

And remember, paint is one of the few things you can screw up and fairly easily fix - as compared to mechanical things - say your first engine rebuild.

I've already done the engine rebuild, and will eventually paint (done bodywork before too).

Remember - no guts, no glory!

Things went very well. The car turned out great. Painting in a paint booth is awsome! It'll need some minor buffing, but that's it. I am VERY happy.

I still need to paint the core support and front area (grill area) black.

Base coat

base1.JPG

Base coat

base2.JPG

Clear coat

clear1.JPG

clear2.JPG

clear3.JPG

clear4.JPG

It is a metal flake blue base with clear, I was able to get most of the wavyness out of the car, but there are a couple of spots that I can see now that I could have block sanded more. ( I notice more than my friends ) Dark colors really show any imperfections.

Jody