HybridZ

73 240z ride height question with pic

how can i keep my 240z as low as it is in the pics .. well its on jack stands also but i mean i have it under the rear control arm. i also noticed that the front no matter how low i put it it wouldnt get any camber .. if anything slight positive camber .. i took out the springs to see how low it would sit with just shocks lol .. of course bottom'd out. anyways by cutting my strut welding and using shorter shock insert and using coil overs can i acheive this same ride height ?

240z.jpg

What size are those wheels and how much is that lowered. No way I can answer with out knowing some more details. In general, coil overs with sectioned struts will get you lower, but I'm not sure it will get you that low. Eliminating the stock top sping perchrubber isolater and replacing with camber plates will get you down a little more.

oh i see .. yeh well i mean when you take jout springs it drops it a whole lot .. 16x7 wheels .. i have about 3 inches from bottom of engine xmember to ground cleaance .. the tops of the struts are so asmall on 240zs can you actually get a bolt on camber adjustment plate or you have to cut and weld ?

Hey man.

Well to some extent you dont want your car to ride that low, unless your doing it just for looks and then go right ahead lol. You can defintily get it that low with coilovers and sectioned strut housings. Just do a search and youll find a wealth of info on that.

I can get my rear to sit that low without anything in the car (motor, doors, glass, etc), and I am still running the stock isolators up top.... with camber plates.... well yeah you get the idea. I wont be running my car that low but its nice to have all the adjustment you want.

heres a picture before paint to give you an idea...

DSCN5743.sized.jpg

Well to some extent you dont want your car to ride that low, unless your doing it just for looks and then go right ahead lol.

:iagree:

If you're looking for that slammed look regardless of how the car performs go for it. If you want the car to handle then you need a reasonable amount of suspension travel. One good way to lower the car without losing too much travel would be to put some 14" rims on it. Probably not what you wanted to hear though, huh... :wink: