HybridZ

Handling

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the sticky messages at the top of each forum. They'll give you the basic rules. Since this site is mostly for V8 swaps, it would be very unlikely that a question about how the swap affects the handling has not been discussed before. You are expected to search the archives and find out the answer for yourself, rather than asking that question for the 4867th time. Next you jumped in on somebody else's thread and asked your totally unrelated question. This too is bad form. If you want to ask a question that isn't directly related to the topic going on in the thread, start your own. Then, before you post, read the rules. If you had done this you would have searched first and the question wouldn't have needed to have been asked anyway. I'm always amazed when I come up with a question that hasn't already been answered here. So much territory has been covered it is pretty incredible. So read the FAQ's, read the stickies, then search, then ask your question if you haven't already learned the answer.

Cygnusx1' date=' do you still have the sway bar on the car? Or have you completley removed it at this point. From your previous description is seems like a spring and bar problem. You said that it happens at the middle of the turn when the car is closest to its steady state performance. This would mean that the shocks weren't adding much to the effect. So removing the front bar or softening it, if adjustable, would be what I would suggest. The camber thing is also probably an issue, but I don't know S30s well enough to say whether or not. But since it seems like you increased your camber and your still only running 1.25 degrees, I would definitely say you aren't running enough. How much lower than stock is your car? Lowering the car, especially on a strut suspension greatly effects the camber curves. If you lower the car enough, the front view IC will actually be outside of the car giving positive camber gain with jounce.

Oh and btw, are you Supra guy as well?[/quote']

I loosened the front swaybar endlinks (the bushings just about spin free by hand when the car is level) and added the front camber bushings and set them to max camber that's it about 1.3deg measured roughly. The car is lowered 1" from stock with performance springs (unknown rates) and Illumina struts. I run the bumpsteer spacers that "correct" the geometry by keeping the RC above ground although they do take out some negative camber.

I really can't fully report until I get the car back on a racetrack but on the street, it seems have more bite in the front tires now. It defnitely feels more neutral and It feels more confident accelerating earlier in the turn without the front washing out. The car is a street car. Very seldom will it be at a track day.

In my first post I reported that the tires were wearing evenly. I was wrong. I should have been looking at tire temps. The front outside edges wore pretty quickly.

When is a tire company going to mold tires with camber built in?

When is a tire company going to mold tires with camber built in?

I used to sell negative camber wheel spacers. I guess I could machine up some more if you guys want some. They were cheap at $30 per pair for the 2 degree ones.