HybridZ

aux goes to mazda for the last time

auxilary

I go to another dealership, we're talking, he says "what did the other guy quote you from our dealership over the internet?"

me: 16,400

sg: ok, I'll do 17,800 out the door

me: let's go lower

sg: ok, 17,623?

me: make it even 17,600, we talk about mp3 option tomorrow, and seal the

deal [it's 100 bucks over invoice]

sg: ok. we'll get the car in on sunday at 10am

me: no need for a deposit? what if I change my mind?

sg: well, then I guess it's our problem and mistake in judgment, eh?

me: hah, call me tomorrow with the info, and you got a sale

sg: cool. can I see the SKS?

FIVE minutes. I got the deal I wanted in 5 f**king minutes, lol.

srt4.jpg

nope. friend of mine is buying the neon, so I get 3k back on that. Neons have no trade in value, I would've been offerred 1k for it (ignoring the fact that I just did the suspension, brakes, timing belt and water pump on it... and the mp3 stereo system)

You can take the Neon into the dealership and trade it in for 3k on the Mazda and get that off of the taxes and they will turn around and sell it to your friend for 3k. Did that on a Jeep I bought saved me a couple hundred in takes.

I don't know anything about this generation of engines in the 3 but the earlier 323 and MAYBE the Protoge' was using the lower end engine block from Ford and all the upper parts were from Mazda. At least that's what i was told by a tech, but i dont really have a problem with it as long as it's not a re-skin. You know, Mitsu 3000GT- Dodge Stealth, Mitsubishi Eclipse-Chrysler Sebring coupe, Chevy S-10 - Isuzu Hombre, Ford Ranger - Mazda B series trucks Isuzu Impulse-Geo Storm and my all time favorite Toyota Corolla -late 80's early 90's Chevy Nova, Geo Prizm. I actually bought one so cheap because the "car guy" hated Domestic cars.

Guest Battle Pope

Yeah, the whole Diamond Star thing was really just the product of the automotive version of a drunken one-night stand.

The 4G63t is a good engine though - but the straight mitsu version is way better.