HybridZ

Trying to sell a E88 and it's going slow

Guest iskone

Guest RubberBerner

E-88 isn't the best head in the world, if you had a p90, that thing would be gone in a week...i guess there just isn't much demand for them, i got 2 for free last week!

E-88 isn't the best head in the world, if you had a p90, that thing would be gone in a week...i guess there just isn't much demand for them, i got 2 for free last week!

yea but try paying to have that work done on that head and see what it will cost.

There is nothing wrong with using that head on any motor you choose. I had that same set up on my 3L stroker turbo motor and it did just fine. Dave Rebello built it for my turbo project, and that was his pick of heads at the time... and it cost me twice as much as iskone wants for his.

My next turbo stroker motor will be an E88 casting as well. Nothing wrong w/ the E88 once it is set up as this one is.

This is probably opening up a "can of worms" and probably has been discussed before but I'd like to throw my $.02 in. I had an E88 off a L26, and was not all too happy with the chamber design and promptly sold it. Don't feel bad iskone, it went for about $25 on ebay. I'm not sure if the earlier L24 ones were a little different, other than the smaller exhaust valve of course. The N42 and N47 have a flatter area on the side opposite of the spark plug which in my mind forces the fuel/air over to the spark plug side and in the process makes it less prone to detonation. The P90 is of course one up on them, but lets not go there.

This is probably opening up a "can of worms" and probably has been discussed before but I'd like to throw my $.02 in. I had an E88 off a L26, and was not all too happy with the chamber design and promptly sold it. Don't feel bad iskone, it went for about $25 on ebay. I'm not sure if the earlier L24 ones were a little different, other than the smaller exhaust valve of course. The N42 and N47 have a flatter area on the side opposite of the spark plug which in my mind forces the fuel/air over to the spark plug side and in the process makes it less prone to detonation. The P90 is of course one up on them, but lets not go there.

If I were building an L engine I'd buy that head. Then I'd get some domed pistons and contour them to get quench on the nice flat slope of the chamber. That would be a great head for somebody building a really high compression NA engine.

If I were building an L engine I'd buy that head. Then I'd get some domed pistons and contour them to get quench on the nice flat slope of the chamber. That would be a great head for somebody building a really high compression NA engine.

I can see your point, but looking at my domed JE's I wonder how easy this would be. The valve pockets would have to be pretty substantial. With the flat portion of the piston corresponding with an N42 it acheives the same thing. Plus the "N's" have about the same chamber volume, and of course already have the steel seats and larger valves.

...see, can of worms!

I can see your point, but looking at my domed JE's I wonder how easy this would be. The valve pockets would have to be pretty substantial. With the flat portion of the piston corresponding with an N42 it acheives the same thing. Plus the "N's" have about the same chamber volume, and of course already have the steel seats and larger valves.

The ad says that it has stainless 280 valves. I would assume that it has the appropriate seats as well. You're right, modding the pistons would take some time and $$$, but I think that if you're willing to do that then it really doesn't make much difference which head you start with. And think of all the money you could save on headwork and cam and valvetrain. I'm guessing $3000 to build that head at the very least.

That's how I have my E88/N47 setup and like my sig says I run 11.6 on 92.

Yeah I know the E88 is not demanding high dollar but like I say and others just try and have the work done. It's a sweet deal for high high compression N/A motor.

If things still go slow I may put her on Ebay, I'd try Zcar but I can't remember my password or the e-mail I used.

Isk

BTW: Don't speed in Oregon.$237 tickets down there.

Oh, and the Insurance companies in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California, and maybe Nevada all work together on th points.

I still have my baby sitting in the drive way. Times are a little tuff but I'm trying to hang on to her.I hope that after this bump I've hit I'll have her back in tip top shape.