HybridZ

20 mm socket conspiracy theory

Guest greimann

Guest bang847
Originally posted by mike240zt:

here's another... all wrench sets and sockets come with a 9mm. Ever use one? or seen a 9mm bolt

YUP... ever get a car running with homedepot/ace hardware parts? :D

actually i believe i have... my 9mm wrench has some wear on it...

maybe on coil terminals?? or brake fittings? maybe e-brake adjustment?

Now that I think about it I don't have one either or ever remember thinking why don't I have one.

What has frustrated me many (ok only one or twice) times is that I have a 19mm socket but, no 19mm wrench. The only time I need a 19mm socket is when it won't fit and I don't have a wrench.

By the way I think the 9mm goes on the two bolts that hold the TPS on. Or is that even smaller. Like 7mm

One more thing Apartments suck... Can't leave anything for even a minuite. I've had two of my cars broken into here in the apartments I'm in now. I really thought that wouldn't be the case here. I live in some nice apartments I thought.

Guest polarity

I was the same way. At the time I was staying at is considered to be one of the nicest apartment places in jackson (no including townhouses or condos).. had the indoor heated pool and all..

Guest Tim78zt

9mm and 16mm are probably like the 20...plenty of uses on British cars. My MGB needs those AND an assortment of SAE as well. Bloody British!!

Tim78zt and 76MGB (there, I admitted it!!)

Guest Anonymous

I agree with the half sizes being strange, i used a 9mm once to get off a really rusty 10mm bolt (this also requried the use of a 5lb hammer). Anyone ever find that they always lose the 10mm socket? I must have lost 20 of them in the last 3 years and i never find them ever again. Funny thing is that i haven't lost any other size and i try really hard to keep track of the 10mm more then any other size. hmmm.

Yes, the 10, 12, and 14 mm tools loves to escape the rigors Z mechanics put them through. luckily i havent lost any in a couple months now... but i would spend up to an hour looking for a stupid socket...

I have another theory: The only Socket that will roll down your driveway and right into the drain, is always the most important one... Not only that, but the most likely time for this to occur.. is when you are on your back underneath your car, and all you can do is watch the socket roll....

It must be a CONSPIRACY!

Joe.

(has anyone else heard thier sockets talk about forming a Union?)