HybridZ

Solid Bushings

i was just wondering if anyone makes Solid alluminum subframe and diff. bushings

i know people make them for 240sx's but i was wondering if anyone makes them for the 1979-1983 280zx's

if anyone knows where to get these bushings please let me know ASAP

thanks

Subframe bushings are a good idea because it removes flexibility from the subframe, but diff bushings are not IMO unless you solidly mount the entire drivetrain. The reasons for that have been discussed before, look it up, but bottom line is you could end up tearing up driveshafts and breaking diff mounts if you just do a solid diff mount with everything else in the drivetrain rubber mounted.

are there any kind of aftermarket trailing arm or control arms or any suspension component i may not know about that would be benificial for a

Rb25det swapped 280zx

i am just hoping to reduce alot of body roll and and wheel hop this way i get all the power to the ground without a whole lot of stress on the car.

anything is appreciated

thanks

Search this site for 280ZX suspension upgrades with the search function near the top of the screen. It's been talked about recently. The main thing is slotting the crossmember like a 510. In fact the suspension is VERY similar. You might want to check out what 510 guys are doing and try to implement some of the same modifications.

so the question is still out there on if anyone makes the solid bushings now for the subframe and entire drivetrain or if i have to make them myself

anyone knowing where i can get them please let me know

also what is the deal with the Z's a-arm or whatever and is there anyway i can retrofit it to the ZX to reduce the squat that everyone is talking about

o and one more thing is there any other methods of chassie stiffining (like braces under the car) that anyone makes or an easy design for me to make myself

once again any info is appreciated

thanks

Do a search for "Jeffp", I read on his site, where he is running custom aluminum bushing on his rear subframe.

Also search for Ross's site, ModernMotorsports for more ideas for the rear end squat. I'm running his 12 way adjustable QA1 coilovers and can dial out most of the squat at the mid to higher settings. Renn

Guest Speedyblue

If the S12 subframe is similar, then stiffer or solid bushed would be available. Get onto a shop, or a web-site for a shop that sets up drift cars and look for 'pineapples' I'm still not sure how they got that name, but that is what the subframe bushes are called and it's one of the first things they change when stiffening up the suspension.