HybridZ

Looking for Gnose headlight covers.. ohh the never ending search

proxlamus©

well...

i have done TONS of searching on every Zcar site, and google, and I have yet to find a good source for Gnose headlight covers...

and damnit.. I want some...

Soo.. LoL.. anyone have a spare set lying around, or know of a good source for them?!

I'm going crazy.. 1 year in searching soo far, im starting to give up.

Here is site I found sometime ago that lists G-Nose Light Covers. However they only list them with a G-Nose as a kit (not sure if the sell them separately).

see http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?u=http://www.aritaspeed.com/catalogue/aero.html

When I got my G-Nose light covers (via a ex Nissan Japan employee now living here in Auckland) he told me that his source in Japan said there were only 5 genuine G-Nose light covers sets left so after I purchased mine 3 months ago that now make 4 (this might be only via one supplier though so there might be more).

I now have the set with a sheet metal worker to see if he can replicate the stainless steel trim.

I'm far less concerned about the trim pieces (I'll settle for trimming them with chrome-plastic door edging as I did on the 240Z plexiglass covers)...I think the big thing is the clear covers themselves. Nissan-style trim rings would be great but the covers are what I'm after most.

If someone could fabricate some decent G-nose headlight covers at a reasonable price it seems like there is demand enough to make it worthwhile. Trim rings could follow. DAW

• 1 month later...

Any updates on this? If the G-Nose headlight covers and trim ring are so hard to find, let's start a discussion on fabricating some replica's. It's shouldn't be too hard...

Are there any sources for replica's?

I personally want the chrome trim rings, so if there's a source for them I'd be willing to pay for them... otherwise maybe I'll start to think more seriously about trying to fabricate something....

Well the steel metal worker looking to replicating the chrome trim for me (note replica not copy ie same material = stainless steel) said it would be too costly to create the tooling to get the double bend from stainless (almost like a very wide and flat U shape). So I have ordered a new set from Japan (the set I got with my G-Nose was missing one side of the chrome trim and the covers were cracked).

So I have now being thinking of making the bands out of something else and using some of these chrome paints that are around these days - maybe a plastic, other option is brass then get this chromed. The really cheap and nasty option would be to get a set of covers make and just paint the edge chrome.

Next step is to replicate the covers and come back to the trim later.

How did you order a new set from Japan? Are there more available? I'd like to buy a set.

I have also contacted a vendor who can make the clear plastic cover, I'll have a price shortly... If I could get a set of the trim peices that would be GREAT!

I think I will have some luck having the clear lexan covers made, and I also could replicate the trim if I had a set to copy (which I would return)...

It would also be much easier if I had a set of the lexan covers (in any condition) to copy... I'd return them when complete... If anyone would like to get this project going I believe I can make it happen with some assistance.

Ken

• 1 year later...
Guest JMJ240Z
Here is site I found sometime ago that lists G-Nose Light Covers. However they only list them with a G-Nose as a kit (not sure if the sell them separately).

see http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?u=http://www.aritaspeed.com/catalogue/aero.html

When I got my G-Nose light covers (via a ex Nissan Japan employee now living here in Auckland) he told me that his source in Japan said there were only 5 genuine G-Nose light covers sets left so after I purchased mine 3 months ago that now make 4 (this might be only via one supplier though so there might be more).

I now have the set with a sheet metal worker to see if he can replicate the stainless steel trim.

How did you order your covers, I went to the website and found that my chinese is not good enough for reading the text.