HybridZ

newbie completed rb25det 280zx

Z-Monster

hi everyone i am a few ays old in this site which i have recently stubled upon while surfing the net for brother hybrid-z's!!! what a find. i have since spent all my days surfing this site for knowledge and know-how. you guys reallyknow what yall are talking about and i hope i will be able to assist anyone who is willing to ask anything about this conversion. now a little about myself.

i live in malaysia and i have recently returned home to malaysia after 7.5 yrs living and working in NYC (6 months ago). yes i was there during 911 and dont wanna talk about it. anyways on the brighter side of things my project dubed z-monster thus the nick started off as a bone stock 1980 280zx with a little rust here and there but nothing serious. it as probably taken me approx 4 months to get it to where it is today and its a daily driver with no problems as of 3 weeks ago. the engine transplant and the time it took me to get the car rolling from stripping was only 3 weeks!!! since then i have taken the car to the sepand international F1 circuit twice. it ran along evo8's and 9's. (lap time 2m55secs) blame the slow time due to lousy tires..;)

i have had lotsa done like replaced r200 diff with s14 cv joints, power steering upgraded to rack and pinion, skyline r33 brake install, ogura stage 4 3 plate clutch and flywheel, sard fuel press reg., sard boost and ext. temp meters, nismo r33 300kmh meter cluster, r34 gtr 2 core custom intercooler, custom coil over suspension, custom oil pan, blitz BOV, i/c spray (since malaysia is hat as hell) 2 speed electric fan, jaguar 4.8 v8 fuel pump etc....thats as much as i can remember for now.

enjoy the pix feel free to comment and ask any question you like. i also have a friend who owns a business exporting jdm spec engines to the US, aust and europe. i'll do my best in answering your questions.

oh crap after doing this i realise i dont know how to post pictures into my thread... let me figure this out. ;0

Beautiful car....congrats on an awesome conversion.

I'm green with Envy. Love your old Benz too!

I would love to see more pics down the road. If you get better resolution pics, you can email them to me at: slownrusty@yahoo.com and I can host them for you.

I spent a summer in KL a few years back and loved it!

Hope to get more updates soon!

Yasin

ahhahah guys its a good thing i took those pictures at the time i did... coz last night i crashed it!!! it sure as hell will never look as straight and as good. i was avoiding a guy who was running a light during a rain storm. grip was not optimum in fact it was a good time to drift. (i was prior to this particular traffic light) well good thing is the car which ran the light didnt t-bone me and my car isnt totaled. i only smashe my front bumper, light cover and front skirt from running over the curb. oh well...... life goes on, and i will probably have another sleepless night due to my car being in the shop now. dont know much its gonna cost. i managed to get a used bumper and two fiber light covers for rm150=usd39.50.

I know how you feel. Check out the quarter panel damage. All becuase I didn't want to replace an e-brake cable right away and it poped out of gear on a hill with no curbs :(

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/713235/2

But, i've got a new baby now and she rocks (in my opinion).

Your Z is/was awsome man. Hope the body work goes well. I've been here for a year and a half (i think) and my car sucks by comparison, and you've been here for less than a month. I almost feel like I don't deserve to be here man.

hey everyone.. thanx for the compliments and words of encouragement. i have finally got my car back 2 nights ago... the car was not structurally touched. it was all surface damage... yup i hit the curb and guard rail.. all i have to do now is to make a trip to the alighnment shop and get my slight judder out the way and its good as new... the panel beating was done pretty well and it looks the same as before so i have no complaints... the crash just took my baby away from my for 5 days and set me back rm700=usd175!! hahahha anyways the color of the car is... BMW Diamond black and it looks better with a good camera... hahahah i will take new pictures of it soon.. stay tuned guys. oh ya how do i post pictures of the car on this thread??? i want to have them pop up instead of having a link.