HybridZ

Next engine U guys choose my build!!!

Guest traub83

Guest traub83

Ok Im really havin second thoughts on my next motor to build for my new Z car Im building!! So I will give you guys a few engine setups and you guys tell me which one you would rather see me build and it shall be done within the year id think But this motor will be for just fun, with go but its mainly for show!! :-)

Build #1

I will just build a 350 4 bolt chevy motor natural aspirated, Forged internals, very healthy cam, AFR 195cc heads and a Victor jr. Intake with 750 carb and spray a 250shot of nitrous!!! via a 700r4 tranny!!!

Build #2

I will again build a 350 4 bolt chevy motor this time I will just go do a mild street cam, 882 ported and polished heads, A beam rods and keith black pistons, and then slap a vortec carb supercharger on it with a 750dp carb via the 700r4 tranny..

Build #3

350 motor again I use the edelbrock RPM heads, and I buy the edelbrock RPM TPI intake plentium, base and runners, with a dual 58mm throttle body, mild camshaft, and i buy the nitrous plae kit for a tpi system via the 700r4 tranny? and the bottom end is pretty much that same as in build #2

Build #4

Same as #3 but instead I go forged internals and ditch the nitrous and run natural aspirated... and 2-3 years later add on a supercharger??

Build#5

any sbc buildup using a 350 block that I didnt already mention that is reasonable.. so please no nitro methane motors please lol...

any of these 4 setups would recieve a roller cam shaft also if that would make any difference to you guys...

I want this car to be able to pull a high 11 at least regardless of which route I go, But like I said this is going to be my real baby that will not get raced much at all and will mainly be cruised around town and to shows otherwise my garage is where it would be kept!! I just want to turn some heads when I pull up next to them or by them so you guys tell me which way would be best to go or what you would do....????

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO USE A SUPERCHARGER FOR?

correctly set up and assembled that combo would have well in excess of 550hp/550 tq, in a (Z) youll have a great deal of trouble getting even that level of power to the track surface effectively, but if you really want to get nuts adding a 150-250 hp nitrous plate system under the carb will do it for you

Guest traub83

well like I said if I go the supercharger route its mainly for the wow factor, this car will not be a full time race car just a fun car to drive around town and to shows and everynow and then take to the track like maybe 3 times a year.. I just like I said want the wow factor and a supercharger on a built Z will def give ya the wow factor I hope :-) Imagine if I save up and throw AFR's and a nice cam imagine the power level then!!! 600-700hp range YIKES!!!

Guest traub83

1000hp your kiddin right?? That is more than my already supercharged Z but then again I used the weiand style 144 and a mild buildup but I ran a 10.6/5 in it.

So basically your saying if I build a 350 with forged bottom half slap a .530/.540 lift roller cam in it with some 1.6 roller rockers, 195cc AFR heads a team G manifold, then slap on a Vortech carb supercharger on it and boost around 12-14psi I would be around 1000hp??? that sounds high to me personally but then again you guys know more than I do on this sort of stuff... But damn thats a massive motor setup.. I hope I can get a 700r4 tranny to hold up to that much power!!!! and the r200 to handle that much!!

Guest traub83

its an old style 350 4 bolt main motor.. I have thought about going to an LS1 motor however I already have all the mounts and whatnot for a 350sb to drop in this Z. How much harder are the mounts to make rather than the normal ones??

Id point out that youll get far more hp per dollar , when you consider ALL the costs involved in an engine swap,with a correctly built GEN1 small block than a LS1

it would not be that hard to build a 550hp sbc GEN1 for under $7000 INSTALLED and its doubtful you can have a newly rebuilt 550hp LS1 for that that produces nearly the tq curve