HybridZ

Fastest Cars in the World

DavD3

'IF' he has a pikes peak escudo..... wich i assume was his point.

There have been documented motor builds of the RS200 getting well over the 600HP range. And with how light they are and AWD, you're guarenteed a 0-60 less than 2.5. The real killer is the 60-0 times are insane.

Out of curiosity, what was ScottieGNZ's Z doing 0-60 in?

On my best ET with a 1.36 60', my datalogger registered 1.94 and that was backed up by a calculus formula that builds an acceleration curve based on your 60', 330', 660' and 1000'. I believe I published that XLS a couple of times so others could see how quick their cars really are. That timeslip is in the database so anyone can plug in the numbers and validate it. That was with Hoosier QTPs. My best with DRs factors out to 2.55 (1.55 60') in the Z and I hope the 7 will better that. That's closer to being in "street trim" as the cars in that list.

Getting a quick 60' is a lot more than just having lots of HP, its putting what HP you have to the ground as quick and as effectively as possible. The Z weighed in at 2,750# with me and only made about 520rwhp but about 600lb/ft torque. The key was being able to get full boost a few feet off the line and having the tires hook with no wheelspin. I never pushed the engine much pass 5800 but when I let the car loose the converter would flash to 46-4800, get to full boost (25psi) immediately with maximum weight transfer (yes, SQUAT).