b__sosick

pff

turbos are chump change' date=' man.

xD

how do those anti lag systems work?

keep the turbo spinning even while the throttle is closed? o.0[/quote']

pretty much ya

mike

"anti-lag sy system" is known as a mis firing system.

It forces fuel into the exhast so there is fuel burning into the turbo while off the throttle.

Don't put a system like this on a street manifold. You'll go through it in no time. It's also highly against emission laws. But it's dang cool.

In theory you can be just as fast without a system like this, you just have to mash on the throttle before you actaully want power.

you really cant go faster.. in theroy it is a perfect turbo type spool system, it just kills turbos in no time.

plus the crazy altitudes (sp?) that those rally cars see the system really works well.

theres a guy here in houston with one on his 2.5RS turbo.. very wicked!

makes that turbo 4 feels like a V10 with all power all the time.

i have specs on how to make your own, so ill try it one day!

mike

you really cant go faster.. in theroy it is a perfect turbo type spool system' date=' it just kills turbos in no time.

plus the crazy altitudes (sp?) that those rally cars see the system really works well.

theres a guy here in houston with one on his 2.5RS turbo.. very wicked!

makes that turbo 4 feels like a V10 with all power all the time.

i have specs on how to make your own, so ill try it one day!

mike[/quote']

can i see the sprecs if you got em in electronic form :)

ps. i love alpline renaut, renaut alpines

Anti-Lag systems or the Rally Bang Bang system do the following :

When the throttle is closed, an idle speed control valve opens up right next to the throttle body. The extra air is let into the intake manifold, and a bunch of fuel is dumped into the cylinders.

When the ECU detects that the throttle is closed, it instantly retards the timing to a point sooo retarted.. that the mixture is ignited WHILE the exhuast valve is still open.

This results in an explosion which forces the turbocharger to still spin.

And thus your headers take a beating because it's got fuel igniting inside of it...

I've seen first hand what happens when you put a system like that on normal headers. It blows the headers into pieces in no time.

Now think about what you're subjecting your turbo to with that. Get ready to be rebuilding the turbo every month, if not more often then that.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

I Would Say The Best Anti-lag System Would Be A Full Spectrum Variable Vane Turbo (which Could Close The Scroll Down To Effectively Nothing And Open It Gradually As Boost Builds), Its Just Those Are Banned In Rallying.

Anti Lag Systems Are Crazy The Only Down Side Is You Lose Almost All Engine Braking Ability As It Wants To Accelerate Even When Off The Throttle.