HybridZ

what one to get?

Guest 70datsun240

Guest 70datsun240

ive came across two different options i would like to go with for my 240 rear disc conversion. The one that the 280zx calipers and rotors bolt right up, and the modern motorsports rear disk cnc brake brackets.

My question is, are there really any difference in these two in braking power and proformance? the modern motorsports adapters, will the 240sx calipers fit onto the stock Z brake lines? do you need anything else with these kits other than the brackets, rotors and calipers for a bolt on project?

Any help would be awsome! Thanks!

The big difference is the diameter of the disk. The larger the disk the more leverage the braking system has. The 240SX setup from MM is using 11" disks. I believe the ZX setup is 10" disks. That is a big difference.

If Ross at MM sells a kit it's been my experience that he includes everything you need to put it on. So I would figure that if you needed different brake lines he would include them. You might want to check with him directly on that though.

I am going through the same thing.

I am going the Terry Oxandale way

Maxima front rotors vented

82 Maxima caliper brackets. Just orderred from Synlubes

82 toyota cressida or 85 Maxima rear caliper or 280zx calipers

I got the brackets on and am going to get cailpers soon.

I will update as things progress

ive came across two different options i would like to go with for my 240 rear disc conversion. The one that the 280zx calipers and rotors bolt right up, and the modern motorsports rear disk cnc brake brackets.

well, 280zx calipers and rotors don't bolt right up. there's a big fat STICKY at the top of the forum, titled "help! what brakes?"

perhaps...you should check it out? you know, just a thought...