HybridZ

buying from "CROWBAR" waste of time(rant)

TheNeedForZ

There's a guy registered as "crowbar" on this forum. He has zero post count but he posted in the classifieds. I suggest avoid dealing with this guy. He jacked up the price, provided no help, and is difficult to work with. A friggin waste of time.

here's our email correspondance. Some of this is from my memory, but as shown, he only sends one liner emails :

me : hi, I saw your ad on hybridZ.org I am interested in the 300ZX MAF, do you still have them?

him : yes

me : ok I would like to buy one. I can do money order that's pretty much it. Shipping goes to Richmond, BC, Canada, V6X 3G6 (note at this point I already acknowledged him that I live in Canada)

him : western union?

me : never used it.

him : know anyone in US?

me : no, why? don't like money order?

him : had lots of trouble with international MO

me : Well I could give the western union thing a try. How do I send you the payment thru WU?

him : yeah go to western union office.

me : go to western union office and?

him : (reply with web address of western union website, says nothing else. I went to the site, nothing helpful is there.)

me : Sir, I really can't read your mind. Please elaborte. What's the purpose of sending me the website? Are you trying to teach me how it works? or are you trying to tell me how to find the nearest WU office? Suppose I walk into a WU office, what information do I give them besides the payment? With so little information in our correspondence, we will keep emailing back and forth for a long time. I have to ask a lot of questions. Pretty soon you'll start to think I am bugging you on purpose. So please give me the total price, information needed to send the payment at WU. (then I included my name/full address)

him : 100$US(then includes his name/address)

me : what do I get for 100$US? In the ad you said 50$. The extra 50$ is shipping? (he is in Colorado, shipping to western Canada costs 50$? BS!)

him : I don't ship to canada. (he already knows I am from Canada. I said that twice in my previous emails already)

That's the end of it. Then I deleted all his emails and comes here to rant. Sorry about the rant but I just need to say it.

We'll look into it... I'm unimpressed with the fact that someone comes here to sell parts only, and not contribute to the world of HybridZ as a whole...

If it were solely my say, I'd delete it outright, but I want to get a fair shake from the other admins... I'm known to be a bit "HARSH" at times! :roll:

Mike :cool:

Hey "TheNeedForZ" - I have a great solution for your dilemma. Why don't you come over to my house in Langley, BC and give me $50 US for my 300 MAF so you can save on shipping and the hassle etc. - I'll even guarantee it works!

Seriously, PM me if your interested and I'll give you details of what I have as I'm not exactly sure what your looking for.

Thanks

Mike